Le rendez-vous Tour 2018

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

While @marcusb is toeing it down to his first overnight stop to meet us in Switzerland. We, terryathome and Caroline have made it from Turin part way up to Switzerland stopping over at Lake Como.

We are well up the mountain to the east right at the bottom on the lake. Can I choose hotels or what, it's fantastico. Hosts speak Yorkshire and a cable car 100m up the road so we can go on the rant downtown.

Where are you Marcus, the beer is cold and the weather is in the 30's again.

Love

Terry, lol

• Thanks 1

Longest day for us today driving wise, we started off at a brisk pace disembarking the boat as nakkib's 5 pints of Stella didn't agree with the boat and let's just say the cabin floor and walls were redecorated :suspect:

heres Nakki still a bit tender after 250 miles..

IMG_4756.JPG

• Like 2

Our 306 planned miles ended up being closer to 350 after we literally got to the end of the road on a new stretch of tarmac that ended with a large drop onto rubble which was too much for the westy

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

Any of you guys who have read about my other tours will know about the Le chouffe incident so I made a detour today to the brewery in Achouffe as it was not far off our route , the beers come well recommended   :cool:

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4753.JPG

Over night stop for us in Pont e Mouson then tomorrow down to Switzerland for Le Rendez vous with @Terryathome

IMG_4759.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcusb said:

Longest day for us today driving wise, we started off at a brisk pace disembarking the boat as nakkib's 5 pints of Stella didn't agree with the boat and let's just say the cabin floor and walls were redecorated :suspect:

heres Nakki still a bit tender after 250 miles..

IMG_4756.JPG

Is that your sympathy look?

• Haha 1

No air con in our room last night so had to sleep with window open, got woken up early by a wood pecker going at it at 7000 rpm :suspect:

todays route for me is 240 miles should be  some scenery :db-westy:

IMG_4736.PNG

• Like 1

Love this thread and keep the updates coming as we’re planning a jolly from the north of Scotland to Switzerland next year and looking for ideas , recommendations 

have fun

• Thanks 1

We drove up from Lake Como today to meet @marcusb in Weggis Switzerland. I or can I say we? Intended to drive over the Brembo pass (I think that's what's it's called) anyway the satnav said no as showing no entry to pass? Don't know why so didn't want to commit and have to turn back. So another route was calculated and off we set.

The difference in roads from Italy to Swiss is quite remarkable. So my top tip b******* Italy the roads are quite poor. 

Half of route was of motorway half on twisty's so made quite good progress. Anyway arrived at Weggis in Switzerland and Marcus and Nakki turn up 20 minutes later, couldn't have planned it better.

Time for a cold beer to shake off the sweats as it still in the 30s.

• Like 1

Me an Nakki had fun travelling over the French / Swiss border, I had planned a TYRE software route very scenic and rural and we ended up having lunch (what we had left over from breakfast buffet lol) just before the border in a corn field in the middle of nowhere! then set off up a single track road which then turned to gravel so it was the end of the road again!

IMG_4772.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4777.PNG

IMG_4780.JPG

• Like 1

The scenery is getting pretty good now though :)

IMG_4771.JPG

• Like 2

Made changes to the route and have made it to Weggis hotel by the lake absolutely lovely:) for a 3 night stop with @Terryathome and Caroline :d

IMG_4786.JPG

• Like 2

Le Rendez-vous 2 westies :db-westy: :db-westy:

Not very romantic in an underground car park lol but we still managed it :cool:

IMG_4790.JPG

• Like 2