Harrogate Kit Show

Club Chairman (Reserve)

Never mind my BBQ qualifying as a Caterin van, what about our robin hood style ranch?  :D  :blush:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• Luke_Eliasz

• S13RUM

• Buzz Billsberry

Well I turned up at the show, must say the WSCC stand was the best attended HOWEVER............. despite talking to 3 or 4 very friendly owners, no-one seemed to know who was in charge and where to go to get my membership.....and I had crispy new notes straight out of the cash machine too!!!

Please note we are volunteers. I do tend to agree with you, for the couple of hours I manned the stall a few people wanted to hand over cash for membership, but I wasnt too happy with handling it/ loseing it etc (just like driving my car realy!;). For the sake of the cost of postage I recomended everyone who asked to post it direct.

The thing on the day that did worry me though was the safety of that rolling road :(  :(  :(

What was wrong with the road?

Mobile rolling roads used in public areas can be extremely dangerous  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

I would hope that the company using it would have taken out suitable insurance cover  ;)  ;)  ;)

Luke - when a cars put on rollers the driving wheels (rear) are spun up with the engine at considerable revs  ;)  ;) If the car isn't strapped down and anchored securely - then it could very easily end in a bl**** mess  ;)  ;) and possible death for anyone caught in the way  :down:  :down:  :down: