Spa wing mirrors or similar

betarev3

I've just fitted a pair of these to my cage, a little bit different...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

I've just fitted a pair of these to my cage, a little bit different...

I took those off my car when fitting the cage (didn’t think they’d fit!) and went for the spa type

763B16C2-96FC-4998-BDE6-AD8520648DD9.jpeg

They have odd reflections mind :d

• Haha 1

I think you need to warn people before posting photos like that!

• Haha 1

The ones @Andy Banks - Chairman Linked to are really good mirrors, worked well with built in side repeaters..

These were the ones I bought - figured they’d fit the cage, maybe should have tried the others first but I like the new ones now :)

I used to have carbon spa type ones, i found them good but ocasionaly they would fold in a little when doing speed.

I now have the ones that andy has suggested they do stick down a little below the mounting plate on the cage but for me look and work better. Amd with them having the indicators in gives me a little extra piece of mind with them being alightly higher and there for on show

Screenshot_20180318-203306.thumb.png.f34b85a5197223a3785b4c795b8eb17b.png

Thsi is the best photo i have of them fitted

16 hours ago, chriss1455 said:

...when doing speed

Keep telling you to stay off that stuff mate :d

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Well, they fit straight on to my Playskool Caged Cage - not sure Caged use the exact same mounts on the WF version?

I thought yours was a WF one (the one with the welded in bosses) or have I lost the plot (again!)

The ebay listing is lacking any description at all. Could you measure the bolt centre to centre for me please :) and I'll have a look at my cage

1 hour ago, darve said:

I thought yours was a WF one (the one with the welded in bosses) or have I lost the plot (again!)

The ebay listing is lacking any description at all. Could you measure the bolt centre to centre for me please :) and I'll have a look at my cage

No - my chassis (in theory) should have the welded bosses due to it being made in 2014 - but for some reason it has none - so it's the old style one, which may or may not have the same mirror mounts.

As for measuring, well, they are bolted on now, so might be a bit difficult to get an accurate measurement - but will have a look and see what I can do :yes: (edit - of course I could always measure the bolt heads externally!)

For the money, they seem pretty good - nice and secure and I like the neatness of them - and combined with the big bar mounted mirror there seems to be ample rear view available. How they work in practice while being hit by the airflow and vibration is something I have yet to check.

Great, thanks 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.