So....Diesel Cars and Transport

Thrustyjust

I thought about a Renault twizy to do the mile each way to work ( 4 miles a day) but after riding my push bike for 10 years now, I am sure another 10 on the same bike will be more efficient and the only batteries I need is for the lights at winter time. 

I an still very sceptical about hybrids. My boss had his charging point put in last week at home. So, I asked how its going. He said he now needs to buy the £500 lead to go from the wall socket to the car. Can see the BIK he is saving suddenly disappearing into unforseen costs and then before you know it, he hands the car back in 3 years and goes back to petrol or diesel.

10 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I thought about a Renault twizy to do the mile each way to work ( 4 miles a day) but after riding my push bike for 10 years now, I am sure another 10 on the same bike will be more efficient and the only batteries I need is for the lights at winter time. 

I an still very sceptical about hybrids. My boss had his charging point put in last week at home. So, I asked how its going. He said he now needs to buy the £500 lead to go from the wall socket to the car. Can see the BIK he is saving suddenly disappearing into unforseen costs and then before you know it, he hands the car back in 3 years and goes back to petrol or diesel.

He doesn't have to buy the lead from Mitsubishi - there's nothing fancy to them

4 minutes ago, Dommo said:

He doesn't have to buy the lead from Mitsubishi - there's nothing fancy to them

Dont know what he needs lead wise. He just said he needed to get one. Knowing my boss he wont bother for months , like his work on his desk :d

I think your missing the point...    if the 330e is anything to go buy it only does 15 miles on electric.  Useless! Hardly worth charging!    It probably does more environmental impact in  petrol mpg carrying the batteries than the electric saves!   It’s all about Saving tax for you personally and keeping the economy turning by buying a new car.  

7 hours ago, DamperMan said:

I think your missing the point...    if the 330e is anything to go buy it only does 15 miles on electric.  Useless! Hardly worth charging!    It probably does more environmental impact in  petrol mpg carrying the batteries than the electric saves!   It’s all about Saving tax for you personally and keeping the economy turning by buying a new car.  

Yes I know all that as we run a BMW X5 hybrid as well.

What I am saying is the 330e is only produced in saloon format which is no good for what's I need to use a car for

We run a Merc C350e hybrid. It has similarly pathetic battery only mileage to the 330e, but even so, manages to achieve a damned impressive mpg and really suits our driving very well. I have no experience of the BMW but suspect it would be similar. Typically, it retains about 20% battery charge so it can use it for stop/go traffic as well as cruising on battery at pretty much any speed.

even on a longer run, it easily achieves 60mpg