front splitter and canards

snowy892

hello everyone.

I've just purchased the above from carbon nv and was wondering the best way to attach the said items. any thoughts or pictures would be great.

Thank you. 

Canards I just stuck on with carbond & splitter has 4 rivets holding it on, 2 at the front & 1 either side. Different makes but same idea, this is the only pic I have at the moment.

IMG_0265.thumb.JPG.45e7f59b6835ff93038c19fd7a5ded21.JPG

• Thanks 1

I used two small black rivets for each cannard, and put a washer behing the GRP just in case before flattening the rivet. Used 4 screws (2 are the numberplate screws at the front) to hold the splitter in place.  It's fairly secure and can be removed, if required) easily.  I did buy Silkoflex to bond it too but quite like the ability to take it off for a good clean now and again.

598d8b1e6083a_splitterfix1.jpeg.thumb.jpg.2a16b9b7c9ae15262efa0238f7c329a4.jpg

• Thanks 1

A couple of questions if I may ,how effective are they ,do they make a difference to handling or are they more a cosmetic good looking addition .

Secondly has anyone fitted a front splitter to a FW flip up style bonnet ,if so does it still open for maintenance or does the front of the splitter hit the ground and stop the bonnet lifting ?

Steve

I fitted mine 1/2 way through a track day and 'felt' that high speed stability was slightly improved. Though subjective, there are others who have 'felt' the same. Not scientific!

@marcusb has one on an FW bonnet.

mine is purely cosmetic! I saw a few at stoneleigh and so the adventure began!!!

• Like 1

Cant say I ever noticed the difference on my sprint cars

Splitter makes a very noticeable difference on track over about 80mph.

I found a noticeable difference on my old car when I fitted one, but as Adam said, it was really upwards of 70/80 mph.

10 hours ago, AdamR said:

Splitter makes a very noticeable difference on track over about 80mph.

At Blyton from Bunga Bunga through the S's I 'felt front end grip more planted.

Nice to know an expert agrees and it is not just in my head! :p

Not to be controversial and not an expert by no means but read a magazine if front splitters back wing and windscreen made any differance. Wish I could remember if canards were included, I think they were.

Anyway conclusion was that overall you were better of with a windscreen and nothing else. Now before you naff this off as a leg pull, all away the tests were completed in a wind tunnel by professional people. Will find article when I get home, I've discussed this with several people and need to come up with the goods.

If I put a tea tray on the underside of a brick, it will still not be aerodynamic. There are too many possibilities to actually feel the difference a little splitter will make. To be proper aero and create downforce, you need a car like flymo was. If you want aero, then flat bottom the car , front and rear diffusers, box in the wheels and wishbones and even then it wont come into play for a lot of MPH. It looks nice , but I dont think it would make that difference.  

• Thanks 1

Some just have to spoil it by trying to qoute scientific research and principles :d

We've to justify the expense some how! :p

SO - it  works coz I felt it work!

:popcorn:

:getmecoat: