Life after Westy's...earning my petrolhead stripes

B.RAD

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Interesting. Any specs on the manifold and turbo? 

It's just a td04 on a revent manifold. I'll hold off sharing any further info until I've seen it.

14 minutes ago, BCF said:

Well, this is on the list, and there might be an added incentive to get involved (can you spot it??)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192880806023

What do you reckon???

Sorry but an alfa romeo, needs to be a classic rwd alfa, or a modern (ish) v6 busso engine (the one with the chromed manifold).

this one in the listing may have a quadrifoglio badge... but still... is only a 2 liter twin spark, with welding needed... 

C'mon Barny. You can do better!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maurici said:

Sorry but an alfa romeo, needs to be a classic rwd alfa, or a modern (ish) v6 busso engine (the one with the chromed manifold).

this one in the listing may have a quadrifoglio badge... but still... is only a 2 liter twin spark, with welding needed... 

C'mon Barny. You can do better!!

Everything you say is 100% correct....

...but £300, and that plate? Must be fate!!

By the way, You haven't had a hot hatch till you have experienced a french torsion rear axle... I.E.  Clio 16v/williams, Clio 172/182, Peugeot 205/106 or my absolute favourite the SAXO VTS 16V.

This saxo, and my old renault 5 Gtturbo, are the only road cars that I've ever had that I really miss...

• Like 2

This thread is making me smile as a lot of the cars mentioned I have had or have with some great memories.

Alfa v6 GTV (busso engine)

S54 engined Z4m (same engine as e46 M3 in different packaging along with the hydraulic steering of the CSL)

Currently my get to work runabout is a Saxo VTR so not the top spec VTS but 15 years old with 25k miles on it and is great fun to fling about. Not as raw as a Westie but if you jump in the modern family wagon and back into it, it feels close to the go cart feel.

Only other cars I have loved as much as these was my various old e30 BMW as they were my first rear wheel drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maurici said:

By the way, You haven't had a hot hatch till you have experienced a french torsion rear axle... I.E.  Clio 16v/williams, Clio 172/182, Peugeot 205/106 or my absolute favourite the SAXO VTS 16V.

This saxo, and my old renault 5 Gtturbo, are the only road cars that I've ever had that I really miss...

My saxo vts and my 5 turbo are the only cars I've ever regretted selling 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

My saxo vts and my 5 turbo are the only cars I've ever regretted selling 

Are you correcting my paragraph, or, we have a parallel life?

9 minutes ago, maurici said:

Are you correcting my paragraph, or, we have a parallel life?

parrallel life lol two of my favorite cars. i almost brought a vts to replace my westfield as a track car

9 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

parrallel life lol two of my favorite cars. i almost brought a vts to replace my westfield as a track car

Ive been very near to do so very recently, to replace my Z4, BUT i would miss my roofless experience.

Here my Saxo... she was a beauty, hot, tricky, tastefully modified, a bit crazy but mostly reliable...

Unfortunately, i don't keep any graphic memory of my former 5 turbo.

@BCF, buying a saxo, isnt it?

FB_IMG_1554979574113.jpg

FB_IMG_1554979542871.jpg

• Like 1

*scurries off to Ebay to look at saxo vts*

What happened to the love for the classic Impreza?

24 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

What happened to the love for the classic Impreza?

Still there mate, keeping an eye on Ebay.