Day 4. Gone south as far as we can!

Ali and Gail

Today started after another hearty breakfast with a walk it Tintagel Castle, this reminded us we prefer driving not walking so back to Westy it was. We took B roads via Slaughter Bridge past the old air field to north of Bodmin moor. Unfortunately the A30 is the only real choice to Bodmin itself but we wanted to go via Jamaica Inn so needs must, we did manage a bit off piste to stop all the dual carriageway.

It was then on to Bodmin Jail, we found it brill and well worth a stop, indeed 2 hours soon passed.

Next it was on to Padstein!, Porthcothan, Mawgan Porth and Newquay for brew and wee stop again. Next were Portreath, Gwithian, Hayle and another stop by St Ives.

Next was the B3306 to St Just, "The best road in Cornwall" proboly. It was then on for our final photo opurtunity at Lands End when we had our last picture taken 27 years ago on our honeymoon, time flies I guess.

It was the a short final trip to Mousehole were we rest tonight

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Very jealous. Every time I go to Marazion I wish I took the Westfield. Although threading the discovery through mousehole is amusing for the rest of it the Westfield would be better!

• Like 1

Looks like you are having a great time and no mention of rain. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dommo said:

Very jealous. Every time I go to Marazion I wish I took the Westfield. Although threading the discovery through mousehole is amusing for the rest of it the Westfield would be better!

Will we go through Mazazion today on our way to Gweek for the Seal sanctuary and FairPlay getting a disco through @Dommo

37 minutes ago, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

Looks like you are having a great time and no mention of rain. 

We had a tiny bit for 10 minutes going from Bodmin to PadsteinL. We've been uber lucky @Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO

Gotta love a jail described as a family attraction - there's a few members of my family I'd happily sling into a jail.

• Like 2

Hope your hand brake is good for the seal sanctuary :d

Have another great day!

• Like 1

Looks fantastic fun. I always look at Jamaica Inn signs when I fly passed in the family wagon on the A30 heading to see family in Falmouth. One day the latest wife and myself will take the Westie down for a buzz round for a few days :black-westy:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

image.jpeg

Ah, somebodies got a new cover photo! (Sorry Al, couldn't resist!)

• Like 1

Great pics is the first one Watergate bay?

Love it down there go twice a year and currently trying to buy a second home near Watergate bay, very jealous I would love a holiday at the minute.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dommo said:

Hope your hand brake is good for the seal sanctuary :d

Have another great day!

bl**** hell, never parked anywhere like it  @Dommo, reverse parking, my word!

13 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looks fantastic fun. I always look at Jamaica Inn signs when I fly passed in the family wagon on the A30 heading to see family in Falmouth. One day the latest wife and myself will take the Westie down for a buzz round for a few days :black-westy:

Lol

4 hours ago, MarkS2 said:

Great pics is the first one Watergate bay?

Love it down there go twice a year and currently trying to buy a second home near Watergate bay, very jealous I would love a holiday at the minute.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Well spotted it was indeed @MarkS2. Lovely piece of road along there :yes:

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Ah, somebodies got a new cover photo! (Sorry Al, couldn't resist!)

Oops can you move this to road trips etc please @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, think put it in the wrong place last night.