It's National Drive your Westfield to Work Day!

Quinten

Waiting at the railway crossing last night 

IMG_4335.JPG

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cleggy the Spyder Man said:

Waiting at the railway crossing last night 

IMG_4335.JPG

Not sure what I'm more concerned about, the lack of oil pressure or the lack of fuel!

20170526_101827.thumb.jpg.c0b60b46b3123dd26a7cb70d60ead547.jpg

Multi storey again to keep the pesky sun off my seats!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Not sure what I'm more concerned about, the lack of oil pressure or the lack of fuel!

I like to live on the edge Scott :laugh: more the lack of hair I am worried about

• Like 1

Hi, All,

My Eleven has safely and swiftly carried me the 35 miles to work this morning. It's now waiting to spirit me home (and it will give me a chance to see how the car behaves in proper hot conditions). 

If the weather is dry for Sunday (in line with the current predictions), I will take the Eleven with me to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway's Cars and Steam day at Chinnor Station on Sunday.  I'm organising a Scenic Tour from there to the Cars in the Claydons motor sport show in September so will be waving that flag and starting to drum up entries.  Might even drive the tour route on the way home.  If it turns out to be wet, I will take something with a roof!

Simon

26 minutes ago, Sunbeam Lotus said:

My Eleven has safely and swiftly carried me the 35 miles to work this morning

For this we definitely need pictures!

Hi, Quinten,

The photographs would have been exactly the same as the last time I took it to work:

IMG_0421.thumb.JPG.ec5c633804eba662616d23c840889b99.JPG

IMG_0423.thumb.JPG.2306fe0789934ed6a11941692ebee009.JPG

The trip home was rather a disappointment.  It was very warm in Newbury today and, after six miles, the car stuttered, then stammered and cut out.  The fuel pump (solid state cube type) was tapping away but was very hot and the bowl on the Filter King was empty.  I had taken a cold bottle of Highland Spring out of the office fridge before leaving the office so I squirted a dose of this over the fuel pump.  With that done and the front clam secured, off we went again.  In the next 35 miles (I had to dodge a lot of standing traffic and use some road rally lanes this evening), I had to repeat this exercise six times (I bought another 1.5l bottle of chilled water from a garage) - so that definitely was the problem!

I have a week off next week (with a list of car jobs to do spanning most of my "fleet") so I'll look at resiting the pump closer to the tank (in the pontoon, outside the engine bay), or a new pump (I'll look at the make as it may not be genuine Facet), or ducting some air from before the radiator to blow on the fuel pump.  Either way, I'll sort it out for good!

Simon

Ahh, not just me, then. My fuel pump packed up completely when I nipped out of work at lunch time to see my parents. Broke down at 1 PM, recovered at 7 PM.

Oof, that's a long wait...! Hope both of you have straightforward fixes.

I've not used any other form of transport now since Sunday morning, can't get enough :) Due to rain soon so it'll be time for a boat with that amazing smell filling my nostrils...

IMAG3627.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Hope you boys are insured for commuting :oops:

When I contacted A plan it only come to £12 to add commuting  :yes:

yes simple procedure no drama for us with A-Plan (now named Cherished Vehicle Insurance don't forget) :t-up:

• Like 1