regular re sign in's required

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

As Dave says, an admin can try and sign in "as you" with your permission, to see if it is account related?

Still happening to me. I might record exactly what is happening and when and post back..

Also go to whatismybrowser.com and email me the link it has to s send to "tech support".  Might help me see any settings that could be causing issues. 

Have to say all fine for me on all of my I-devices. Not tried windows or android though. 

14 hours ago, Mark (smokey mow) - Joint Essex AO said:

Mines the same as you Ian.  It was all working fine up until a week ago but now its not.  All other forums still remember me ok, its just the WSCC.

Me too, on both Windows and Android Chrome

One common factor for me, is that it's google chrome browser on all my devices?

I've just had it occur on my PC.

Step by step, on loading chrome, I've clicked my shortcut to the forum and I'm shown this in the top right hand corner:

592158d23f6e2_signin.JPG.36603c373a05ea1ec05f233707cce297.JPG

I click on sign in and I then see this:

592158d935ac3_signin2.JPG.b55f897607db4957dd7da4f0e25847d1.JPG

Username and password fields are already populated and the remember me tick box is already ticked.

I click sign in and all is good for that session. I'll post later when I'm next asked to sign in.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary and @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

I'm happy for either of you to log in as me to help identify the issue. It's no big issue, just mildly annoying in the same way as seeing Trump all over the news every day!

Cheers,

Ian

Testing, testing, testing!

(Dave logged in as Ian!)

I'm currently using Chrome on an iPad

Dave speaking..

The admin mode gives no problems..

(Note for anyone wondering, the admin "log in as" function does not reveal passwords, once entered by you, those can not be seen by anyone, all admin log on's are also logged, it's not something done lightly).

Back to being me again!

By the way, I'm presuming you have tried formally logging out of the Boardroom on the affected devices?

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

By the way, I'm presuming you have tried formally logging out of the Boardroom on the affected devices?

Thanks for testing @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, however it's not an instant thing. I can't really explain the exact time to be away before it requires a re-login. does the back office stuff show you when I login?

I can log out on each device and see if this helps. I've not tried it yet, as I'm already finding I'm logged out too often :p

OK, Dave signing in with a temp password as Ian.

will come out of Chrome and restart..

No problems this time around, will try another machine and give it a few goes...

Still working ok. :t-up:

...and signed in from Safari for the first time, will close it down and try again...

D

1 minute ago, IanK said:

...and signed in from Safari for the first time, will close it down and try again...

D

That worked ok.

Will try again in a while

D