regular re sign in's required

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Hi Folks,

For the last few days, I've been having to re-sign in to my boardroom account on my Windows 10 PC, Iphone and also Android tablet. Sometimes several times a day. The box is ticked on each device to remember me, yet it doesn't?

At the Curborough Breakfast meet yesterday some others were seeing the same issue and the remainder weren't, so it's not just me but not everyone either?

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Ian

Same here and not just from different devices. There have been a number of security updates of late, given what's going on at the mo, I'm happy to have to log on every now and then.

Our ever diligent webmaster will be on the case in sure.

• Like 2

Yes, admins see a pop-up banner whenever an update or patch to the forum software comes out, it's reassuring to see how on the ball they are at getting things out to us, equally great to see just how on-the ball Chris is at responding with applying them.

• Like 1

Yes - indeed it is due to the updates.

Basically, after an update, the system requires a restart of the forum software and that can lead to the need to sign in again. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't...

I try and apply the updates very early in the morning - as the forum gets backed up automatically every night at around midnight, so if it all goes Pete Tong, we have a very recent backup to resort to.

• Like 1

I've not had to sign in this morning :laugh:

Hi @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO, I've had to sign in several times a day across multiple devicesfor the last few days?  Have there been so many patches?

Thanks,

Ian 

14 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

No, none for a week or so?

Same problem here as Ian.  It can be anything up to half a dozen times a day for about the last 5 days.  Sometimes its fine though othertimes its not.  I log in from about 5 different devices (2 PC's, 2 phones, tablet etc) and all are doing exactly the same.

• Like 1

To be honest, if it's just happening to a small number of users, then it's liable to be something Local or user related. Only way us developers can trace an issue is if we can replicate it and thus track it down. Without the ability to do that I'm just firing random shots in the dark I'm afraid. 

Private browsing mode on your browsers maybe?  Disables cookies iirc...

It does sound like your browsers(s) are not storing the cookies required to keep you signed in over time. 

Hi @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO , I appreciate it's hard to pin down if you can't see it yourself!

I've not changed any settings on my tablet, PC or Iphone and other sites (Facebook, mapmyrun, BBC) remember me? It's only WSCC that's not?

2 minutes ago, IanK said:

Hi @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO , I appreciate it's hard to pin down if you can't see it yourself!

I've not changed any settings on my tablet, PC or Iphone and other sites (Facebook, mapmyrun, BBC) remember me? It's only WSCC that's not?

Mines the same as you Ian.  It was all working fine up until a week ago but now its not.  All other forums still remember me ok, its just the WSCC.

• Like 1

I know it doesn't help, but mine hasn't stopped signing in normally and automatically from both the iPad/Safari I normally use, or the Mac Book/chrome browser I use for work.

Ian, do you want an Admin to test your account from one of their own machines?