Stoneleigh 2017 : Thank you

Andy Banks

As above, brilliant weekend and as a bonus had dry runs there and back!

Apologies to any campers who pitched near me, my beer assisted slumber may have been interspersed with the "occasional" snoozing sound... next year bring earplugs :d

Again I'd like to echo the thanks to all concerned - brilliant job by the events team that ran with military precision which, as has been said, made our club stand head and shoulders above every other.

Roll on Blyton and Silverstone, can't wait!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Anna served tea and coffee for the whole day on her own so she is most welcome back next year :yes:

Anna was also tireless on the Autojumble on Sunday, what a little trooper!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

As above, brilliant weekend and as a bonus had dry runs there and back!

Apologies to any campers who pitched near me, my beer assisted slumber may have been interspersed with the "occasional" snoozing sound... next year bring earplugs :d

Again I'd like to echo the thanks to all concerned - brilliant job by the events team that ran with military precision which, as has been said, made our club stand head and shoulders above every other.

Roll on Blyton and Silverstone, can't wait!

Between you and @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary the snoring was relentless :oops:

My son and I had foam earplugs in use but they failed to block it out :down:

Next year we need a seperate area within the camping with soundproofing for the snorers :laugh:

• Like 2

I didn't hear Chris, but there was someone just to the other side of me that was snoring like a trooper @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO:oops: :d

Joe asked me at 4am if there was a dog outside growling it was that loud & deep!!

16 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I didn't hear Chris, but there was someone just to the other side of me that was snoring like a trooper @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO:oops: :d

No Dave - that was your snores reverberating off the surrounding buildings

• Like 2

@Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO  Oh I deny nothing, I even warned those pitching near me - that's when Chris looked smug and told me about his ear plugs, :d just thought it funny, that even I, could hear someone else!

(I wondered why I woke up on Monday with a sore throat :laugh: :blush: :o

12 hours ago, a15cro said:

Arrived back around 8pm, dumped all the stuff at work to sort tomorrow.

We've both enjoyed the weekend so much, thanks to all who made Anna feel so welcome, shes chomping at the bit for the next event! 

Anna was a little star.  She worked tirelessly all weekend from Saturday painting lines, to Monday working on the refreshments.

Good to see to new member in the making. She will certainly be very welcome next year. 

Glad she enjoyed herself. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

No Dave - that was your snores reverberating off the surrounding buildings

Absolutely!

When Gary and myself triangulated the noise bearings from our tents, the loudest disturbing volume was definitively emmited from the Gadgettent @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary :(

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Absolutely!

When Gary and myself triangulated the noise bearings from our tents, the loudest disturbing volume was definitively emmited from the Gadgettent @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary :(

Tolf, looks like we may have gotten away with it....:oops:

• Like 3

My lad Joe also really enjoyed it. As the weekend progressed he started offering banter out which made me chuckle, no idea where he gets that from :d

He spent the whole journey back talking about next year, when he is going to get his Westfield etc etc

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Tolf, looks like we may have gotten away with it....:oops:

I think next year we should call the area you pitched tent snorers corner, and send them all your way ;)

What can I say, great fun, great company and Gail was very pleased to be last woman standing even if only just, standing that is :d

• Like 1