Cadwell Park, Friday April 7th with MSV

Andrew

Sorry for delay Adam, box is Elite 6 spd with paddles now.

You can have my place if it helps mate? £120 ok?

Ill ping you my mobile...

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

Oh dear, is it serious Rob?

Potentially yes but i wont know till later this week mate as i have dropped it off at the garage to get it sorted due to having no spare time at present :(

OK, time to update the list.

Me (Andrew) :dg-westy:

Mike :db-westy:

Stoney :westy:

Rich (R1 Striker) :orange-westy:

Steve H :black-westy:

Adam R :yellow-westy:

Derek ....:dg-westy:

A.N. Other :purple-westy:

and hopefully joining us:

Jeff C  CRX 2.0 K20 little red rocket ship!

Ross, sadly got in a tangle in a mag sevens race, so wont make it. :(

Anyone planning to stay over Thursday night? Not sure what time I'll get there but it's nice to not have to make the trip in the morning!

1 minute ago, AdamR said:

Anyone planning to stay over Thursday night? Not sure what time I'll get there but it's nice to not have to make the trip in the morning!

There's a couple arriving Thursday evening Adam, but I'm opting for an early start.. If I'm going to have the usual pre event sleepless night, I'd rather be sleepless in my own bed.

• Like 1

Me and Stoney will be stopping Thurs Adam.

• Like 1

I'm working til 10.00pm Thurs night then leaving at 4.30am Friday for the drive from Essex, wouldn't have worried me years ago but these days may need some Red Bull!

I've finally had an email confirmation from MSV, to an email address I haven't used for a year and for a car I haven't owned for 3 years! Guess that was what I was using when I last did one of their days but I did give them the right info when I booked, hopefully they will run the day more efficiently!

The confirmation doesn't tell me anything useful like the timetable for the day, think I have worked it out from their website, sign on 7.30, briefing 8.30, track from 9.00? And don't forget my driving license.

Is there fuel available at Cadwell these days?

Thanks

Derek

TIMETABLE

07:30 Sign On
08:30 Briefing
09:00 Track Time Starts
13:00 Lunch Time
14:00 Track Time Resumes
Dusk Track Time Ends

There's fuel available at the circuit.. not all day though, they usually give the times it's open during the briefing.

Weather is still looking OK, although I did hear a mention of overnight frost in the forecast.. wrap up well campers! :t-up:

New sleeping bag at the ready :t-up:

Anyone else getting excited? Brum brum! :d

• Like 2

Just starting to gather all the crap together, that you wont use, but will need it if you don't take it! :laugh:

Another cracking day at Cadwell. Dry all day, with even a bit of sun poking through late afternoon. Low number of cars entered, so little in the way of queues, and I didn't witness much in the way of knobbishness on track. :yes: (Unless it was us. ;) )

My car is still suffering from some sort of misfire, but I soldiered on with it. I just love the way MSV allow us all out together, five or six cars in a row. :yes:

Good day,  with good company, perfect. :d

Will get some pics and vid sorted soon..

Really enjoyed the day, perfect weather on a great track and, as Andrew says, all the driving I saw was as it should be on a trackday!

Just need to speed up a bit now so I can keep up with the Westfield train!

Agreed :t-up: Top day, thanks everyone. Hope you find the source of the misfire Andrew!

Thought I'd stick a quick video together before bed... pretty scruffy - trying too hard - but flippin' GoPro didn't capture the quickest session so this'll have to do :laugh:

Have more video with other Westies in it, will sort that out and upload asap.

See you all again soon hopefully!

It's always interesting to see what sort of lap times our little cars are capable of compared to the 'big boys' too: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/cadwell-park-full-circuit.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/58e80dc9b4cdb-westfield-1-8-zetec-vs-caterham-r5000.php

• Like 1

Quick off the mark with the vid, as well as on the track! :) Car sounds gorgeous Adam. What sort of top speed were you getting? My miss firing beast managed 116mph with a bit of a tow from the others down park straight. Without the tow it was only 109.