The West Coast of Scotland Trip 2017. Dates booked.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

It was sticky when using your fingers on Friday too, try some lube on the butterfly linkages first

shes been through a lot hope you get her sorted

17 minutes ago, Garyt said:

It was sticky when using your fingers on Friday too, try some lube

was this before or after the fish n chip kiss? :o

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Garyt said:

It was sticky when using your fingers on Friday too, try some lube on the butterfly linkages first

shes been through a lot hope you get her sorted

That's enough about @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO. What about Buttercup lol

• Like 2

Due to the fact I've had several pints and am on my 5th large JD and coke sod it and here's the pics you all want to see.

IMG_20170530_160242.jpg

• Like 1

Aren't there forum posting rules to stop this kind of stuff???

Some things can't be unseen 

• Like 3

OH DEAR.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their help with my cable issue.

I will write a better thank you when I have a better connection.

All concerned know you you are and it was all very much appreciated.

We left the Orkneys this morning at 6.30am and I arrived at my hotel at 10.15pm.

What a full day of driving today.

386 miles and loved every minute.

• Like 2

What an epic day yesterday.

We where up at 5.30am and cars where all packed by 6.15am and we where all ready to leave for the early morning ferry back to the mainland.

The ferry is so easy to use and there are clean toilets and a reasonably priced cafe.

The crossing over Scapa Flow was so smooth and the water was like glass and it is the most beautiful place...everything is so big. Big views, big water and big skies.

We all agreed that we where so sad to be leaving the Orkneys but we will be bak next year.

We headed to John O Groats and a number of Lomax trikes arrived as we where there and they all looked brilliant together. One member of the group was complaint at the camping costs....£11.50 a night and he said this has doubled since the 500 run started.

We had to head south, me to Killin and Ali and Gail to Aviemore and we wanted to avoid the A9 and we also wanted pretty roads so we went all over instead of a direct route.

We headed for the Crask Inn via Syre. 

The in is Britains most remote pub and is also a church where they have services. It was gifted to the church after a number of potential sales fell through.

Clean toilets with ample parking and the cheapest chocolate bars....0.50 pence.

Then it was over to Ullapool over more single track roads with beautiful views.

At Ullapool I tried to sort out my speedo cable that Ziplob had kindly lent me when mine broke. It was over running and when I took my foot of the accelerator it would continue to rev.

I missed my turning and turned round in a hotel carpark where low and behold....there was the Kingster clan.

I explained my problem and within minutes my bonnet was off, tools where out, bags of spares appeared. Graeme spent around 20 minutes working on my car and I was so grateful to everyone. The car is still overrunning so we think the problem is something else but I really want to say a big thank you to Ziplob for the cable, Graeme for working on my car and Chris and his friends for all the spare parts that began to appear. You are all what this club is about.

From Ullapool we headed back across country to Inverness for fuel before heading south towards Aviemore where Ali and Gail would spend the night.

I continued over towards Tomintoul and it was beautiful going over the Lecht. The rain was coming down but with the greys in the sky and the mountains all dark and moody, it was brilliant.

I saw a big heard of deer on the ski centre and I wondered if they where as cold and wet and happy as I was.

Here I rang the hotel and explained I was on my way and they stated that by the time I arrived the food will have stopped....however when I arrived the chef had stayed there and he cooked me a meal specifically....how brilliant and kind was that......The Falls of Dochart Inn at Killin.

I arrived at my hotel, cold, wet, tired but absolutely buzzing from my days epic trip.

Thankyou to everyone who made today such a great adventure.

Here are a few pictures for you.

I will add more pictures when I can as struggling for internet.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 10.34.00.png

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

• Like 3

Wow, just wow! :yes:

The graves in the various graveyards we went in, where interesting.

We found skull and crossbones on two graves and sailors all killed on the same day. 

I was amazed at the ships "Boy 1st Class" and also the chap who was killed by gas.

The graveyards are brilliant sources of history.

IMG_9777.JPG

IMG_9596.JPG

IMG_9595.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

IMG_9590.JPG

• Like 1

Today was some what of a challenge. We had stopped over night at Aviemore so we could do the Fenicular railway this morning however there was no point with such low cloud and mist.

We decided we would try going through the Cairngorns to get to Killin and only stop and go back if weather conditions got to bad, they did but we pressed on all be it very very wet and very slowly at times. It's not a great distance but it took nearly 6 hours because of the conditions.

We went via Spey Bridge, Tomitoul, dangler Bridge, Braemar, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy and finally Killin.

I am sure the views and scenery are stunning but it wasn't to be today.

These only a few pics as today wasn't photo weather.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CraigHew said:

19 hours ago, CraigHew said:

I took 2 of the pics of, few to many beers and all that, seemed a good idea at the time.

• Like 1

For heavens sake....DONT POST THE OTHERS.

Craig has already seen me in latex.

• Like 4