The West Coast of Scotland Trip 2017. Dates booked.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Just had a lovely walk before breakfast.

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

• Like 2

Yum, yum! Looks "heart stopping" Geoffrey.

I'd have to double up on the aspirin and the statins, but it would be worth it to be able to eat that.

Full Scottish - ya cannae beat it.

• Like 2

So up this morning had a walk to the glencoe massacre memorial then off we jollied away down glen etive then to glenfinnan then around the ardnamuchan peninsula, a wee bit moist :) but absolutely stunning , yes wet, but atmospheric bring on tommorow 

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

• Like 3

What a brilliant day. 

Up at 6 with a walk before breakfast.

Then it was down Glen Etive where we met the most interesting biker. He stopped and asked,

"what made you buy the worst of a motor bike and the worst of a car"

He then just drove off, so we didn't get chance to reply.

We did the full 14 miles of Glenetive at about 10mph and the road is absolutely beautiful so if you get the chance....do it.

We even saw a few deer which was lovely.

The to Fort William for coffee before going to Glenfinnan.

Ben nevis looked brilliant and was shrouded in mist but its always great to see.

The rain was in by this time but we stood for nearly an hour, on a hill in the pouring rain to watch a steam train go over the viaduct complete with billowing white smoke.

Now from here we continued and we went down the most breathtaking coastal road I have ever been on. 

I didn't get any pictures because of the rain but if you want to know where it is then come with us next year and I will show you.

We had mile upon mile of traffic free roads and we didn't get in until 9.15pm tonight.

Wet and a bit cold, but so very, very happy.

Going to Skye tomorrow.

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_24_59.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_23_43.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_22_36.png

• Like 4

I think the guys have said it all for today, we were back by 5.30 having been a midge smorgasbord and getting mildly moist!

Heres a few more pics from today :d

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

The morning is grey at the moment with the mist in the air.Heading onto Skye today via the commando memorial and the little ferry boat.

Dont care what the weather does as the day will be BRILLIANT anyway.

Let's  just hope that my mate "monster" gets his wipers working.

• Like 2

Hi Guys

Glad you're all having a good time and I hope the weather was ok today.

Do you know approximately what time you'll be coming back over the Skye bridge on Thursday morning? I'm planning on meeting you on the Skye side of the bridge. There's a handy place to pull in on the right as you approach the roundabout before you go over the bridge.

David

19 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Then it was down Glen Etive where we met the most interesting biker. He stopped and asked,

"what made you buy the worst of a motor bike and the worst of a car"

He then just drove off, so we didn't get chance to reply.

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_24_59.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_23_43.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-29_at_22_22_36.png

Glad you're enjoying the trip and Glen Etive is beautiful. Great photos too. Warm and sunny forecast for tomorrow--lucky you.

The biker you met will definitely get a westie when his biking days are over.

• Like 4

What another brilliant day.

Met up once again with Bob and Lorna in Glencoe after breakfast and away we went.

We went to the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge which is always a lovely place to visit. 

Lots of people talking about the cars with a few children sitting in them and having pictures taken.

We then headed over towards the Skye ferry but because of the weather it was closed.

We drove through a lot of rain today but it certainly did not spoil our fun.

Its great that a bunch of like minded people, can be soaked through and drive through heavy rain with no roof or doors on and laugh, and laugh, and laugh even more about it.

One car had no windscreen wipers as they broke and then a while later it was emergency repairs as his back wheel nearly fell off. 

Down into Portree we went and had some chips by the harbour and myself and Ali had an intimate encounter.......Well, he is a looker.  :suspect:

By this time the sun came out so it was roof off time and we all headed towards out hotels.

The one myself and Gary are in has a "rustic" nature but the people are so friendly.

I invited the owners son with us tomorrow as he was so interested in the cars and he said yes, and he is looking forward to his day with us and he will be my passenger for the day.

We had food in a great pub in Carbost where Lorna had these "things" that had massive legs and claws and eyes on.

I swear when she was ripping them to pieces to eat that they where shouting....mummy.

Tomorrow we are going round Skye and I would love to put up pictures for you but the internet is so slow here......Pictures to follow.

• Like 4

So when @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO wanted to share a chip I wasn't expecting this in Portree harbour with lots of Japenese tourists watching and taking photos and all the locals!

@Garyt was nearly choking and I think Gail just thought great, get a room I get a night off :d:cry:

There are some more very incriminating photos but I need some real bribery to post those. I did give Geoffrey fair warning when he had the idea and I said  "You do realise I spent 12 years in the Armed Forces and am an ex rugby player so there arn't many things I haven't done or would not do for the crack, I don't get embarrassed"

Enjoy the results if your that way inclined. :yes:

Love

Monkey and Midge (aka Ali & Gail) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Our only drama yesterday was @Garyt off side rear hub adapter shearing 3 bolts, thankfully he pulled over in time and a road side repair was carried out. we then also removed the near side as a precaution.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't think that was your only drama yesterday Ali. The chip kiss will be talked about for years to come. Get a room, you two lovebirds!

• Like 2