Trackdays

Terryathome

Could a WSCC trackday venture be combined with an introduction to sprinting session to round out the experience?

• Like 1

... I think a flat airfield circuit would be a disappointment :)

What I thought before going to Blyton for 1st time.

Although flat it's a very enjoyable drive, a drivers technical circuit with mixture of fast and slow corners IMO. 

Now I wouldn't miss the WSCC Blyton track day, with added bonus of the great fun off circuit with all us Westyers there overnights.

• Like 1

To get most members there possible...

Mallory Park / Donnington / Curborough / Silverstone are  most central

Social/BBQ evening and something for members that might not want to get on track

Weekend

Very advanced notice to plan around families and other commitments

Personally I'd be happy to make more effort, travel further if it was a WSCC event attended by similar numbers to Blyton trackday.

• Like 2

Mallory needs about 50-60 drivers @ £200 a head to cover costs, Donny about 70 @ £250, Silverstone (GP) more like 120 @ £300.  

Not so sure about Curborough, obviously hugely cheaper but it's a sprint course, not a trackday venue so you can only run one car at a time, pretty much kills the fun of trackdays which is chasing round after your mates and other cars.

• Like 2

What I thought before going to Blyton for 1st time.

Although flat it's a very enjoyable drive, a drivers technical circuit with mixture of fast and slow corners IMO. 

Now I wouldn't miss the WSCC Blyton track day, with added bonus of the great fun off circuit with all us Westyers there overnights.

I would consider going to Blyton if it was a Westfield/kit car day as long as it was good value compared to doing a track day on a race track :)

I cant afford to do many track days a year,so if the price of a Blyton day was only marginally less than a Oulton Park day I would be going to Oulton Park .

We've done Combe this year for 35 cars at £150 per car, and llandow for £100 per car

• Like 1

I would consider going to Blyton if it was a Westfield/kit car day as long as it was good value compared to doing a track day on a race track :)

I cant afford to do many track days a year,so if the price of a Blyton day was only marginally less than a Oulton Park day I would be going to Oulton Park .

I don't know how you missed the main event of the year CosKev. The Blyton weekend is just that, WSCC organised trackday and 2 days of sprinting after.    Think of it as a weekend away and all things Westfield related.    Friday and Saturday evenings down the pub or bar-b-que at the track, whatever you fancy.   Trackday was £90 and camping, hot showers free.    What more could you want?

• Like 1

I don't know how you missed the main event of the year CosKev. The Blyton weekend is just that, WSCC organised trackday and 2 days of sprinting after. Think of it as a weekend away and all things Westfield related. Friday and Saturday evenings down the pub or bar-b-que at the track, whatever you fancy. Trackday was £90 and camping, hot showers free. What more could you want?

And, by the way, blyton track is quite nice...

Even I love proper race tracks like oulton or Anglesey, blyton is quite technique, and you can learn a lot about the car limits with this great brake areas at high speed, an the esses... That I think is one of the fasters change of direction you will find all around changing weights while steering in forth gear flat out...

Is a lovely layout, very safe, an really good to learn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blyton is a well liked track for track days and sprints

So is the WSCC going to propose a track day, Blytons been done to death but I for one will still attend the track days as local a I like the track.