Trackdays

Terryathome

I'd also be up for this as I want to get a few track days in next year & would much prefer to be on the track with other Westfields

There is defiantly a difference with all Westys on track as we have far more consideration for other drivers/cars. Now on the other hand with the likes of BMW/AUDI/4 wheel drive nutters to name a few on track, well you make your own minds up.

• Like 1

I often wonder if that affects numbers at Blyton at all, it's an awkward one to get to from my side of the country, compared to the actual (relatively short) distance away that it actually is.

I wonder if tracks like Rockingham might be better placed for more people? Then again, would it have the draw...

I would suggest Donington or Oulton Park for nicely placed central tracks?

Never fancied Blyton as it's on a old airfield so is just flat :( after driving on proper race tracks with corner's on camber and off camber etc I think a flat airfield circuit would be a disappointment :)

I would suggest Donington or Oulton Park for nicely placed central tracks?

Never fancied Blyton as it's on a old airfield so is just flat :( after driving on proper race tracks with corner's on camber and off camber etc I think a flat airfield circuit would be a disappointment :)

I agree that airfields although cheeper are not like a real track.

I mean by this the camber/hills and pits.

Go around Donnington, Cadwell or Oulton and you will see what I mean. :t-up:

• Like 1

Haven't seen any joint trackdays with the Ford mob or have I missed them?

Seems to be a lack of WSCC trackdays as well, must admit looking for the discount

If by Ford mob you mean the RS owners club Terry?  :laugh:  .. I tried to fill a session at their Croft event earlier this year but had to pull the plug as there was no way I was going to get the numbers. 

Myself and a few others however took part in their Donington national day.. 118db  :yes: .. unfortunately the day was pretty dire,  :no:  far too many red flags and mirrorless dragsters! Tbf, we'd done the same day last year and it was OK, so maybe just a bit unlucky with this years entrants..

Not sure what's happened on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be the appetite for trackdays now? I know a lot of trackday regulars have now left this place.. either because of it, or causing it?? dunno..  I'm still doing plenty of days but have given up posting them on this site.. there's either no response or they just vanish off the "Local Area meets, Events, Track days & Kit car shows" section so fast no one sees them! That section is in my opinion overloaded. 

There are far far more Westy owners doing track days than Sprinting, or building X cars, both getting their own sub section. Given the nature of our cars, I'll say it again.. it's criminal to not have a dedicated track day forum.

Is that my outer garment over there..  :getmecoat:

:)

• Like 2

If by Ford mob you mean the RS owners club Terry?  :laugh:  .. I tried to fill a session at their Croft event earlier this year but had to pull the plug as there was no way I was going to get the numbers. 

Myself and a few others however took part in their Donington national day.. 118db  :yes: .. unfortunately the day was pretty dire,  :no:  far too many red flags and mirrorless dragsters! Tbf, we'd done the same day last year and it was OK, so maybe just a bit unlucky with this years entrants..

Not sure what's happened on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be the appetite for trackdays now? I know a lot of trackday regulars have now left this place.. either because of it, or causing it?? dunno..  I'm still doing plenty of days but have given up posting them on this site.. there's either no response or they just vanish off the "Local Area meets, Events, Track days & Kit car shows" section so fast no one sees them! That section is in my opinion overloaded. 

There are far far more Westy owners doing track days than Sprinting, or building X cars, both getting their own sub section. Given the nature of our cars, I'll say it again.. it's criminal to not have a dedicated track day forum.

Is that my outer garment over there..  :getmecoat:

:)

Agree 100% - I'm off to Anglesey on 12th and tried to drum up some attendees with minimal (zero!) success! (playing devils advocate - does our mutual lack of success mean we are actually wrong and there arent that many people into TDs? But that said, Blyton day was well attended, but interested to know how many non sprinters went to the TD...)

does our mutual lack of success mean we are actually wrong and there arent that many people into TDs?

Possibly.

As a gauge.. sad I know,  :( I have but ten friends listed on my profile, five of them have left this club, all of them are still doing track days.. and three of those five have progressed into racing too.  :t-up:

Kev Blyton is a cracking circuit. I thought it would just be an old airfield but it's much more like a "proper" track than I imagined and great fun.

I'd be up for club track days but not castle coombe it's a light year away! (And dull imo) how about Cadwell?

I have but ten friends listed on my profile, five of them have left 

maybe its you!   :laugh:

Kev Blyton is a cracking circuit. I thought it would just be an old airfield but it's much more like a "proper" track than I imagined and great fun.

I'd be up for club track days but not castle coombe it's a light year away! (And dull imo) how about Cadwell?

I just can't see how a flat track can compare to a 'real' track with up/down hill gradients and on/off camber corners etc?

Have you ever driven/ridden on Oulton Park? :)

Kev - Its not as good as, say Cadwell but its much better than an airfield day. 

Bedford is flat and featureless, but great fun!

• Like 1

I just can't see how a flat track can compare to a 'real' track with up/down hill gradients and on/off camber corners etc?

Have you ever driven/ridden on Oulton Park? :)

True, Blyton is an old airfield, but so are Silverstone, Snetterton, Croft, and probably more? Blyton has a proper tarmac surface "let" into the concrete, so it actually feels like a proper track.. miles of run off in most places too. Of course it's no Cadwell or Oulton, but definitely travelling a couple of hours for i.m.o.  :)

...and just noticed my friend count has increased by one,,  :laugh:

• Like 2