Brexit

Northwarks

Osborne doing a great job for the leave campaign on BBC1 right now .... ah he is on the remain side .. oops

Treasury net migration forecast nearly 3m over the next 14 years !!

Andrew Neil is not holding back ...

Ha ha, there were some very cringe worthy moments there. Cameron's promises to Turkey eg..  :laugh:

We are not voting on a party but the future of the U.K.

Quite the opposite. We need to extricate ourselves from the POLITICS of the EU, not the trade part. Remember we got in to Europe as TRADING partners NOT political partners. That came MUCH later.

The EU is the second biggest economy in the world. The UK ON IT'S OWN is the 5th. Take us out and how far will Europe slide down the rankings. They really REALLY need us. We don't need them anywhere near as much. But lets stay as trading partners. (no brainer. I doubt any of the EU nations would be as capricious as to impose sanctions) whilst taking back control of our laws and our freedoms rather than have those things imposed on us from afar by people who don't understand the UK and it's population.

• Like 3

I watched the ITV EU debate last night, .. or the "lets all bash Boris" show. ;-)  One thing I picked up was the absolute denial by the remain lot, that Turkey was definitely NOT joining the EU?

Now, while I agree it's not going to join this week this year or maybe even this decade.. the EU's own website clearly has it "On the road to EU membership".. along with some others.

EU website is vast!!

http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's going to get interesting now... :oops:

My forecast is that once the shock subsides in the coming hours, most markets will quickly return to close to where they were as everyone actually tries to assess what the real impact will or won't be and the reality that it will actually take 3 years to complete an exit.  A lot can and will change in the UK and the EU in that time.  THis is far from over.

David

I suspect you're right. Just as the sun rose and the sky didn't actually fall in, the world will continue more or less the same for quite a while. Not for some politicians however...

My forecast is that once the shock subsides in the coming hours, most markets will quickly return to close to where they were as everyone actually tries to assess what the real impact will or won't be and the reality that it will actually take 3 years to complete an exit.  A lot can and will change in the UK and the EU in that time.  THis is far from over.

David

Well the politicians in the UK & EU in power will have woken up this morning hopefully realising they need to listen to the people a lot more than they have been !!

Going to be very interesting that's for sure. But I agree with David, lots of speculators trying to make a quick buck, but the markets will settle. Quiet where remains to be seen.

I'm not even convinced we'll leave. Quite apart from those with vested interests trying to ignore the result. I can't help wondering if this will be used as the equivalent, of "Hello, Sky/Vodaphone/O2/etc, I'd like to cancel my subscription and leave...", "Oh, I can have a better deal if I just sign up again..."

• Like 1

I'm not even convinced we'll leave. Quite apart from those with vested interests trying to ignore the result. I can't help wondering if this will be used as the equivalent, of "Hello, Sky/Vodaphone/O2/etc, I'd like to cancel my subscription and leave...", "Oh, I can have a better deal if I just sign up again..."

hopfully you are right the vote was so close its not really decided anything. near as damn it a 50:50 split. I wonder if we will be doing this again in a years time when the cards have been laid out and the markets have settled to what ever position they are at.

In part I wonder if the result will now see a cascade effect through other countries, as they too demand referendums. And whether that in turn will see effectively the end of the EU as it exists today, and the birth of an EU 3.0, possibly something closer in goal to the original EEC.

It did seem to me to be far from a democratic mandate. If 52% of a 72% turnout voted 'leave' then less than 40% actually said to leave. That could be grounds for a re-run. When votes don't go the way they want the EU has form for making the people vote again and again until under duress they vote the 'right' way.

well, there wont be any re-run and we're coming out for definate.  Once bafoon Boris gets into No. 10 he'll make sure of both

Now were leaving will Westfields parts cost more?

no, but the lead time to delivery may increase...

• Like 1

I knew it would have a negative effect.