Easter Monday - Trackday at Rockingham 28/03/16

KugaWestie

Nice vids Gary.  I've got a couple of similar ones to upload.. probably tonight.. one dry, and one wet spin.. unfortunately with an added crunch! :cry:

• Like 1

Nice vids Gary.  I've got a couple of similar ones to upload.. probably tonight.. one dry, and one wet spin.. unfortunately with an added crunch! :cry:

Thanks.

Come on then, get them posted up

I thought it was a great day out, I know the wet doesn't suit everybody but TBH I thought it was even more fun than the afternoon on new slicks.

I don't have any video but the one photo that Andy got of me pretty well sums up how I spent my morning  :d

12909653_210742235954769_110785563713844

Throughly enjoyed the day. I was apprehensive in the morning especially when I saw the snow coming down. I'd definitely go back. Food van was nice!

As were Gary's pre-buttered hot cross buns

• Like 1

Throughly enjoyed the day. I was apprehensive in the morning especially when I saw the snow coming down. I'd definitely go back. Food van was nice!

As were Gary's pre-buttered hot cross buns

Yes it was an enjoyable day all round.

You have to eat hot x buns on Easter Monday!

• Like 1

Couple of vids from me:

First one, in the morning wetness, ending in the armco.  :cry:

And, the second one, a much happier bunny in the afternoon.

Looks like you just caught the damp kerb Andrew and that was enough to do it.

I had similar where I just got half a front wheel on the kerb (first red flag of the day) and that got me spinning as well, but fortunately I did not get to the Armco

Looks like you just caught the damp kerb Andrew and that was enough to do it.

I had similar where I just got half a front wheel on the kerb (first red flag of the day) and that got me spinning as well, but fortunately I did not get to the Armco

Yup, I just had to go one better than you!  :blush:  i've been doing trackdays for about fourteen years, had a few spins, but that's the first time I've made it to the hard things.  :(

Presumably damage only superficial if you got going in the afternoon sessions?

Cracked GRP just shows you've been trying! 

Presumably damage only superficial if you got going in the afternoon sessions?

Cracked GRP just shows you've been trying! 

I honestly thought the back of the car would be mashed when I jumped out. It looks like the wheels took the impact. Rear seems OK, but I guess things must have moved a little, and I didn't notice the bend in the front bottom wishbone at the circuit. Rear wing is a bit sorry, but repairable. (Fixed arch)

Out of curiosity, I've just checked the front tracking, 10mm toe out!  Afternoon was OK, car felt reasonably straight, so carried on regardless.. as you do.. :t-up: .