Easter Monday - Trackday at Rockingham 28/03/16

KugaWestie

Hopefully that rain will arrive a bit later than forecast

Yes, hopefully not a "Cottesmore".

I don't think it stopped raining from the moment we arrived!

Leading the sighting laps I almost got lost then almost drowned  :laugh:

• Like 1

Hi all

Due to unforeseen problems would any one be interested in my place on Monday ?

pm me if interested.

Regards Paul

Hi all

Due to unforeseen problems would any one be interested in my place on Monday ?

pm me if interested.

Regards Paul

Have you chickened out cause Katie is coming ?

Permission to get slightly excited.  :)  Don't forget your wet weather gear, as it may be moist in the morning.  :marto:

• Like 1

I am all set.

Planning on putting 6 thin layers on the top half to keep me warm!

Well.......... was a day of red flags was it not.. I can't be too over critical I suppose, as I caused one of them. :blush: Just been looking over the car after my little off. Apart from a bit of bodywork damage, it looks like a bent wishbone and maybe a bent half shaft... oh, and a couple of bashed wheels. Think I got off lightly. Will put up a video nasty at some point. (Did someone mention Rockingham is slippery when wet? ;)) ​

Enjoyed the afternoon, but hurtling around the banked corner at 110 plus, I couldn't help thinking.. I hope this car's OK after it's bump. :oops:

Nice to meet a few bods, but as usual I mostly didn't know who the hell I was talking too. :)

• Like 2

Yep, certainly an interesting day, with quite a few stoppages.

I think red flags in the morning were to be expected considering how slippery it was, I caused the first red flag of the day  :oops:  :blush:

The track got even more slippy once it stopped raining before it dried.

The afternoon was a great session, although I do feel some of the "licensed" participants were flouting the rules on a very regular basis which was uncomfortable at times  :(

I really like the circuit and will definitely go back there, hopefully on a dry day though!

The afternoon was a great session, although I do feel some of the "licensed" participants were flouting the rules on a very regular basis which was uncomfortable at times  :(

Agree. It didn't help that there were some ridiculously slow things out there too. That Yank thing? spoils the flow a bit..

I really rate Rockingham, it's a much underrated circuit imo.. it's not just about the banking. Does need to be dry though. :oops:  

The morning was as slippy as a slippy thing, but after the lunch break it was transformed with loads more grip.

Good to see so many Westfields in attendance.

My best effort of the day, I was learning all the time from CleaR Motorsport.

I still have a lot to learn, but very pleased with the progress I made during the day.

It is in HD if you change the settings

• Like 1

A greasy track spin earlier in the day

• Like 2