Racing a Westfield?

Terzo204

Thanks Lee. I put it all down to my expert pit crew! Blog now posted.

Are you out again this year?

Mike.

Cadwell entered for open and mag7's on 17th and 18th this month and then oulton for mag 7's on 15th October.

My pit crew was pretty awesome as well, especially for the borrowing of the tools. Note to self to take some basic tools with me to the pit lane, just in case. I was so close to driving off with your Phone still on the back of the car :-0

New top nuts bought for the front, with good nyloc!!

Watched the video back and the 'moment' that I had at the chicane doesn't look anywhere as impressive as it felt :-(

I have been in contact with Adam and hopefully at some point soon we are going to tie up and get the car set up correctly.

It was Marks phone im glad you didnt as he would have got grumpy with me!

I can't recommend Adams services enough. He did a great job on my car.

Cadwell Park will be one hell of a drive from the IOW!

And less grip I guess…..

I'm not sure they are much better than my 888's but that's life I guess. 

Set up's still good though Adam! Runs brilliantly round Donny but maybe just a touch too much underteer at Craners, but perfect everywhere else. Probably me pushing the front end with an imperfect line.

Maybe - should clear water a lot better though!

Strange you don't find them much better than 888s, a lot seem to rave about them...

Glad the car is still doing ok :) Craners is probably a good place to have a bit of understeer, keeps it safe! Front end will lift a little at very high speed too... Has your internet got sorted yet for uploading vids?

Yeah, I don't think the tread pattern helps on the 15 inch tyre. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I think the 888's have more surface area in contact with the road

You are totally right Adam - I did have a touch of oversteer at one point which 'focused my attention'...

I have tried to upload to You tube - I have fibre now and despite it being .mov files, it keeps saying 'The video has failed to process. Please make sure you are uploading a supported file type.'

Any suggestions Adam?

Turns out i cannot upload more then one gig. Problem solved and my first three laps of my Donny race are here:

I had a disaster on the first lap with a crap great change at Coppice and I get stitched by two cars. I then missed third coming out of the Foggy esses and lost bags of time. What a plonker. I then get lucky as one car spins at McCleans. Then, at Coppice, the very next corner, two cars retire having had a coming together. The bonnet of one car being left on the track and I nearly collect it. 

The touch of oversteer at Craners was fun...

Eventful might be the appropriate word here!

Full write up in my blog (My Lawnmower Runs on Super)

Trouble is, i can't hide the mistakes! Ended first in class and third overall so came good in the end. One happy racer!