Anyone know this one?

Andy - a15cro

That Vauxhall car may have only just been IVA'd, (though it appears to lack things that have been IVA requirements for several years, which seems odd) but it just "feels" all wrong. I'd have sworn it was a much older car than its described as, early to mid 2000's at a guess? (Of course it could just be a car bought a while ago and only just finished, but if so I can't work out why things like the side repeater indicators are in the wrong place...)

If it's the age I'd have guessed at, it's way too dear. Though condition looks nice in the photos, spec isn't anything special either.

I don't particularly get the Bogg Brothers comment, I can only assume it's been rolling roaded by them, as it's just on Webers so not using one of their well known bike carb conversions.

Much as I love XE's, there are much better value cars out there...

It's high, but possibly cause no ones in it. Offset wise, you'll find that's quite a common appearance in late 90's early 2000's cars, the rears were set considerably further in than on the current generation of car. Event ET16 x 7" wide wheels looked quite deep in the arches! It's one of the things that makes me think it's an earlier car than the advert suggests.

I didn't realise that, I've spoken to Matt on the phone, briefly. Is there any posts on here regarding his car?

You probably have already noticed they are not carbon seats but are  JK GRP ones,  very comfy non the less.   So what did you think of the car as a whole?

Bernie, Good spot, I did notice that as well, but as you say decievingly comfy!

The car, well first of all I liked it, it looked very standard, not chopped and changed much which allows me to make my own mark on it, started out as an 1800 and changed to a 2.0 zetec 170 with receipts. Sounded sweet and started as it should. Its had 4 previous owners and the current one. I fit into it well which was my main concern. I was offered a run out in it but declined because I had my 10yr old co-pilot with me and did not want to abandon her! The whole idea was for her to come on the road trip with me so I knew from the start that I would not be riding in it. It comes with roof and doors, although Im thinking aero screen. I need to decide how to get it home, trailer or drive it back, apparently its a small tank because its got a boot box. This is something I never considered, how many miles will a tank get me.

Its got a couple of little bits that I would change, over the winter (oh no - Im starting already!)

The colours fit in with my company logo, so could be tax deductible!!!!!! My accountant may have something to say about that..........

Im going to make an offer, just want to make sure I have the funds in place before hand. One of my bikes looks like it will be going this week, one left to advertise. Problem is that once we've agreed on a price, I want to go and pick it up straight away, Im seriously impatient like that.

My little one wants it so she can go to the MetroCentre car meet this month!

I could talk about this loads more but in the interest of not boring everyone Ill stop here for now.

Andy

Hello.

Forget the idea of trailer it home.

Get on the train and drive home by the longest and prettiest way you can.

You also need to factor in the most places where people will be so you can get used to all the waving, pictures, thumbs up and car horns saying hello.

Thats exactly what my daughter wants to do!

Just beaten to it! That's standard ZK bodywork, with a standard boot box, so unless someones had something made specialy, it'll be the standard Westfield fuel tank of circa 27/28 litres. Depending on state of tune and how it's driven, on a "road trip" where you're not flat out and caining ing all the time a "good" 150 miles is possible. Even with some enthusiastic driving you should still see 120/130 miles, though on track you'll be horrified how fast you can empty the tank!

One thing though, if you intend to be cornering, ahem, enthusiastically, best not to let it get below 1/4 to 1/3 full. (It is baffled, but the fuel will still slop from side to side a bit).

The drive back home is the first big adventure. Be great for you and your daughter, though if bringing the little one, I'd be tempted to have Mum in a chase car following you back, just in case. (It's very, very, very unusual to have issues, but it does occasionally happen).

Looks tidy in the photo's though, modest spec, but absolutely nothing in the photos that rings any alarm bells for me!

I reckon you could get many years of pleasure from that without touching a thing, or add one or two carefully thought out mods and have a lovely touring come light track use Westfield, with your own "stamp" on it.

Thanks Dave, I would be roping my wife into driving us down I think, just incase my daughter needs her creature comforts half way back, music, heat, respite from A1 wind blast etc

I just hope he accepts my offer, as I think its fair for the car. If not then the hunt will continue.

Fingers crossed for you.  :yes: