Anyone know this one?

Andy - a15cro

Well after two phone calls which went to voice mail, and an email that's never been answered, plus the chat today with Chris, I'm still on the lookout. I'm not going to hurry my purchase now as I want it to be the right one.

Dropped floor, duratec or zetec, 2.0, and a decent quality build.

I wouldn't discount VX XE (red top) engines or some others, a lot depends on the build :)

Ive now got another two on my radar, after having to discount this one as well due to size and fit.

This ones closer to home, seems to suit the taller driver, but slightly higher than my original budget. http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-seiw-2l-zetec-blacktop/4564640 its got some build history although he current owner is not the builder although it looks a nice job.

and then theres this one that Chris kindly sent me for consideration http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-1600-Zetec-SEiW-/321835605581?fromMakeTrack=true its only a 1600 but I believe its got room for improvement performance wise, more in my budget range but far far away distance wise!

Theres definately loads out there so Im now confident that patience will pay off.

Keep waiting I reckon, unless one really sets you on fire, there will be plenty more to tempt you :d

• Like 1

Got a message back from the ebay one,

'Quote'. I am not sure if the floor plan is lowered but my son who is 6'1" fits in the car and could drive give the opportunity.

There is little documentation relating to the build. The kit was originally bought in 2004 but not built and certificated until 2007.

It does state on the V5C that the car was new at first registration.

And it's the 1.6 that's putting a doubt in my mind.

The orange one, is my company colours! ;0)

I would doubt that is the 1.6 version of the zetec. More likely to be the ford sigma emgine that they put in the likes of the puma.

Which is also called the Zetec SE - gotta love Mr Ford's confusing engine naming policy!

Those Sigma engines are supposed to be very light and easily tuneable though aren't they?

The 1.6 Sigma/Zetec SE engine makes an absolutely cracking Westfield, when done right, especially with multi throttle bodies, as that one has.

It's a really light engine, and you can feel the difference it makes; the whole car can feel so light and nimble and becomes so responsive, whether to steering, brakes or just your right foot.

There's tuning potential there too, if you want to go beyond TB's, 

• Like 1

If I was ever in that fortunate "two Westie" position, I'd love to build a real stripped back 1.6 Sigma car, a brilliant point and squirt special for the local twisty roads and a perfect counterpoint to the awesome S2000.

Indeed - I very nearly did a deal with another member on a tuned Sigma, but he changed his mind and I ended up with the Zetec - I really wish that had worked out at the time, (even though it would have been difficult to fund!) but c'est la vie...

That looks vaguely familiar, but I can't just place it. An ex sprint, (Speed Series) car from the look of it.

Also looks like a Simpsons manifold and silencer from one of the bulk buys, the ad mentions a dry sump too, so it's probably had some good money spent on it at one stage or other in it's life.

The advert does sound like it might have been a previous owner that did the work though* and that the current one may not necessarily know all the ins and outs. Don't let that put you off though, it may help get a bargain! Don't be afraid to grab photos and post them up here if you have questions, or better still, see if someone really familiar with Westfields can take a look at it with you.

(*I may be wrong, it might just be a really short advert on the way it's worded!)

Well after two phone calls which went to voice mail, and an email that's never been answered, plus the chat today with Chris, I'm still on the lookout. I'm not going to hurry my purchase now as I want it to be the right one.

Dropped floor, duratec or zetec, 2.0, and a decent quality build.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/115618-2006-westfield-duratec-sport-fantastic-spec/

Thanks for all the replays guys, I'll work through them and answer but my office broadband is down and I hate typing on my phone! Unfortunately that yellow one is over budget, I was looking up to around £8k at a push for the right one. But at £11500 it's too rich for me. Shame!