Anyone know this one?

Andy - a15cro

Looks nice, why dont you text the guy (number on Pistonheads) and ask him for specific photos.

Oh, i'd also check / verify his claim of 2300 miles in 17 years.  Now it may well have only done 135 miles per year on average, or it may be a typo....

Seems to be a decent price for that year and spec.  and a good basis for making it your own.   Whatever you are going to buy you are going to spend some more on upgrades.  Only way to see if it is as good as it looks is to go and see it.

Im going to give the guy a call, I want a good base to make it my own anyway, I'm a nightmare for improements! Because of the distance I wonder if theres any forum members in the Worcs area who would take a look before I make the trip down with cash and a trailer?

I hope that does not sound too cheeky, there would be a drink in it for their help.

Depending where it is in Worcestershire & if there's no one any closer I could go & have a look. Let my know if your struggling I'm in Shropshire about 40min from Worcester.

Andy

Looks nice, why dont you text the guy (number on Pistonheads) and ask him for specific photos.

Oh, i'd also check / verify his claim of 2300 miles in 17 years.  Now it may well have only done 135 miles per year on average, or it may be a typo....

To be fair mine only had 2300 miles on it at 15 yrs, easily confirmed with MOT's.

• Like 1

That car looks much more honest than the other you were looking at. As I said before, try and take someone with you, wish I knew then what I know now, could have saved myself a bob or two.

That's a nice looking car - clean and tidy -  I also like the colour :)

Low mileage is not uncommon - I've had mine 12 years and done less than a 1500 miles !! (ok, work, ill health, far, far too much tinkering) - low mileage may not necessarily be a good thing though if it's been standing for long periods and neglected but this on the face of it looks well cared for (slight damage to the front wheel arch but more likely done catching something in the garage than on the road I'd have thought although they look to have been repositioned for some reason given the extra holes).

Price also looks good (and no, I don't live anywhere near Worcestershire :d )

I've left him a message, I'm now thinking trailer of a train ride and drive it back if I can strike a deal. 3 hrs baptism of fire! But an adventure for me and my daughter possibly!

Long way to go, so you will be more likely to buy! Just try and be detached and prepared to walk away if it's not 100% as expected.

Definitely try and get someone to have a quick look in advance if possible.

Chris, bit of a daft question but, I'm 6'2" I'll fit in one ok won't I?

I'd be devastated to go all the way down there and fall down on a technicality, lol

I'll take you up on that mate, sounds like a plan. That will make or break my purchase.

Looks good and a decent price for what it is.

Find out if its got the dropped floors in it as that will help with access. (Doesn't look like it from the pictures) I'm 180cm and fit in mine fine.

The engine is a silvertop zetec. Could do with the cam cover oil breather being connected to a catch tank or a filter and the coolant system looks to be connected up in the old way so may take a while to get up to temp.