• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Another S2000 IVA'd!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Well done Dave

Bob

Both very good; the guy that did the main test last week was really good, real old school tester, if he could see something wasn't going to need a physical check, he wouldn't. (He didn't miss stuff either though, talk about eagle eyed!) Got the feeling he very much wanted the car to pass, and that there were just a couple of very minor technicalities that he wouldn't have failed me on, but would have just told me to put right. But as mentioned, I had an issue with a speedo (very much non-standard, Stack supplied item) that couldn't be put right there and then and left no choice but to issue a fail.

That said, I got a retest within three working days, and there was no charge for the retest because of the type of fail, and the timescale to retake it.

I had a different, slightly younger examiner today, who was very good, but didn't know the M1 car/kit test back to front, and inside out like the last guy, and who was in grave danger of starting to reexamine already tested areas for no-reason. I also had to politely and diplomatically correct him when he started suggesting there might be a, few placement/min/max height problems with stuff. (One item had a 250mm minimum, he thought it was 350mm, another had no minimum height, and again he thought it should be 350mm). He had to go and look the stuff up at the end, while doing the paperwork.

i had to wait a surprising time for the certificate - given the calcs etc had all been done. I admit, I thought at what point that he'd found something else and was going to give me a fail; he gave nothing away, out in the lane about whether things he was rechecking were now OK.

I did see the guy that did my test on Thursday go and speak to him for a few minutes just before he emerged with the certificate, so I don't know if he was putting him right on things, or just passing the time of day!

That said, pretty much all the feedback I've heard about Chadderton over the last few years for IVA has been good, so I'd pick them again!

• Like 1

Congrats Dave hope to see you and the car at Stoneleigh 

Chadderton guys are a good bunch, I send 80 lgv's there every year and they are fair and thorough. There used to be a technical advisor there called Neville who was an encyclopaedia of IVA/ SVA and a really nice chap to boot.

Its no wonder it passed he's got a crate of beer in the back  :yes:

Oh, did I not mention this  ;)  :yes: 

So, another cover note arrived this morning, (it took so long for the test to come round, the old one would expire before the new tax period began). Just dropped a Jiffy bag with the huge pile of paperwork, forms, certificates etc and yet another cheque(!) off at the Post Office, so that's it, just got to wait now.

Insurance, IVA and first registration/12 months tax would appear to have blown through just a gnats under £1000!  :down: 

It ain't cheap this car building game, is it!  :oops: 

:d  :d  :d 

:db-westy: 

I might have the same proplem with insurance as I've heard nothing, but aplan phoned yesterday to ask weather I'd got my reg as the cover note was running out!

When did you post your docs? Must be a week or two ago now...

Got to admit, I'm assuming it's going to be like VOSA and a four week turn round, longer still if they're particularly busy :down:

Don't give up hope Dave, mine was at the end of the summer season and it was turned around in way under 2 weeks  :)

Two weeks Wednesday just gone, I might give them a call tomorrow to check every thing is ok.

Two weeks Wednesday just gone, I might give them a call tomorrow to check every thing is ok.

Thought it was around that.  :down: