St Goueno Hillclimb France 2015

windy

Just done the on-line entry form, awaiting email with payment details etc.   :)

• Like 1

We should all aim for the same ferry and make it a bit of a convey.

if Lord Morcom is going and our Scottish Laird Kerr i had better have a word with the Finance Director and see if I can come along as well.... treat the cheese eating surrender mob to a bit of mighty cross flow action....  fetchez le vache

• Like 2

You better get that licence upgrade sorted, hans device/new helmet? , fit fire extinguisher etc

Good luck with the budget

You better get that licence upgrade sorted, hans device/new helmet? , fit fire extinguisher etc

Good luck with the budget

Fire extinguisher is only hand held, so little or no fitting required....

Website states....

Closed, sports convertable and 7esque cars...2kg hand held minimum.

So with the fire extinguisher in one hand and glass of vino in the other i'm not sure how we steer or change gear!

I do think its a fantastic event that Windy has put forward. Personally I don't think I want to spend that much cash on one event that scores me "Nil points" However the social side and profile of the event does look brilliant.

I fully support anyone doing it :yes:

Portsmouth St Malo is my favoured crossing for this event.

When i looked at driving the tunnel route down, by the time you'd paid for the extra fuel, tolls and spent the day driving it was going to work out the same price pretty much. 

I missed out on the 1st evening's entertainment this year so my plan for 2015 would be:

• Wednesday night 8:30pm ish depart Portsmouth for overnight ferry, remember to book a cabin for outward journey when purchasing ticket.
  • Thursday am arrive St. Malo
  • 40 min drive to St Goueno Thursday, check into Gite, then maybe drive the hill a few times
  • Welcome Meal and drinks in village Thursday night
  • Friday possibility to visit local car museum during the day then scrutineering at venue pm.
  • Saturday timed practice.
  • Sunday 1 timed run, sit down lunch, 2 timed runs in afternoon. 
  • Monday am catch am ferry St. Malo, Monday eve arrive Portsmouth drive home.

There is the other option to save booking a days holiday to travel out on Thursday evening's ferry from Portsmouth instead of Wednesday evening which is what I did this year. 

What does everyone reckon?

Discount on ferry offers available on uphillracers for anyone that wants it. Linky here - hope the mods don't mind! http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php/brittany-ferries-st-goueno-2015-10268.html

I've not booked anything yet pending decisions on ferry and accommodation from eveyone else. I'm well up for joining everyone in a convoy / digs. 

Accommodation was easy this year, it was just a case of emailing Anne Lessard and she arranged it all for the competitors.  

We stayed in a nice old farmhouse about 10mins drive away. The local navette comes and collects the drivers and support crew whenever you want to transport you to / from St Goueno so there's no need to worry about who is driving in the evenings.  

There were some people camping at the venue - to be honest the accommodation was such good value and the locals so friendly it was almost a no brainer to stay in a nice place instead of in a field.