St Goueno Hillclimb France 2015

windy

Wednesday eve crossing, return Monday for me Martin, if you are still OK with that?

Not booked the crossing yet but will do so in a couple of weeks.

Yes Paul plenty of room in the paddock, BUT, as David said there are some good local converted farmhouses to stay in which are very good value. The one we stayed in this year was 2 self contained cottages in 1 farmhouse.

Who is up for a Gite then?

Wednesday eve crossing, return Monday for me Martin, if you are still OK with that?

Not booked the crossing yet but will do so in a couple of weeks.

Yes Paul plenty of room in the paddock, BUT, as David said there are some good local converted farmhouses to stay in which are very good value. The one we stayed in this year was 2 self contained cottages in 1 farmhouse.

Who is up for a Gite then?

Yep thats all fine with me, I'll get my crossing booked via the golf link you posted earlier. If Michelle's coming along we'll defo book a gité but if i'm on my own I'll camp at the paddock. 

Quelle surprise!

SWMBO is up for a trip with the understanding that we go a few days before to make a week of it (she has absolutely no interest in cars)..

So, for a green newby to this, what is the best way to approach the planning? Presumably get an entry confirmed first then a gite and crossing booked?

Any helpful suggestions appreciated :)

Glen as I newbie ave you read the requirements for yourself and car in terms of licence and Helmet etc?

Hi Glen,

As Terry says but car and safety gear should not be an issue as is fundamentally the same as competing in UK but you will need HANS (plus HANS compatible helmet) and a manual fire extinguisher.

You need a Nat A licence, this is possible but will take a bit of careful management by you.  As a newbie to sprint/hillclimbs you can get the UK-required Nat B Non-Race licence by just filling in the form and paying the fee.  As a newbie you cannot go straight to a Nat A Non-Race licence - to get to Nat A you have to start off with Nat B and upgrade to a Nat A by getting an "Upgrade Card" (tear-out from the MSA Blue Book which you will receive as soon as you apply for you nat B licence) and getting 4 signatures at 4 successfully completed in events (i.e. finish all the runs and don't come off).

That's my ferry booked :t-up: very helpful on the Brittany ferries golf desk and a good deal too :d

Sorry, I didn't explain properly.

I competed in UK sprints a few years ago and started again at the end of this year.

I already have a Nat A speed licence and I'm aware I'll need HANS & extinguisher.

It's the doing it in France bit that I haven't a clue about. :)

Sorry, I didn't explain properly.

I competed in UK sprints a few years ago and started again at the end of this year.

I already have a Nat A speed licence and I'm aware I'll need HANS & extinguisher.

It's the doing it in France bit that I haven't a clue about. :)

Ah, that's simple then.  Windy has been before and knows everything.  Look at one of his earlier posts and it explains how the event is run.  Much the same as in the UK but you do need Hans and a fire extinguisher. (If you don't have hans yet then Luke/PlaysKool are doing a group buy at the moment with some good prices...... clicky). 

My entry has just been confirmed.  Hopefully we will meet at an event at the start of the year if not then in France.

Ah, that's simple then.  Windy has been before and knows everything.  Look at one of his earlier posts and it explains how the event is run.  Much the same as in the UK but you do need Hans and a fire extinguisher. (If you don't have hans yet then Luke/PlaysKool are doing a group buy at the moment with some good prices...... clicky). 

My entry has just been confirmed.  Hopefully we will meet at an event at the start of the year if not then in France.

Thank you.

I did put my name down for the bulk buy but then, after having a read up, it seems it's not so straightforward as just getting the device plus helmet. I was going to start a thread for advice as, from what I understand, the standard shoulder strap points will need to be moved closer together and ideally with a 6 point harness.

My car passed MSA scrutineering ok and I now have it log booked.

I'll start the HANS thread later when I get a chance.

I also plan to join the SS and am a member of Borough 19 so I expect to do the Snetterton and Hethel sprints at least.

But this is hijacking the thread. Sorry.

dont forget your beret as well Lord Morcom.... :d

......et mon bleu et blanc t-shirt, corde d'oignons et vélo