Applecross 2015 clan McWesty 5th highland gathering

ziplob

team, am booking the seats for the Inn on the Saturday night , is that all the names in . I will post up all the details next week routes , meeting places all i have left to do is plan a blat for the Saturday but i will have a better idea on that at the end of the month .

Bob

all i have left to do is plan a blat for the Saturday but i will have a better idea on that at the end of the month.

This is great, Bob! I've had a couple of suggestions come my way in recent months - Ullapool, or heading east and doing Dornoch .. both are approximately 2-2.5 hours one way. Just thought I'd raise them as a contribution. :t-up: Maybe have a chat with the heilanders this Sunday! ;)

Gairloch would be another possible run. Reasonable distance, decent roads and choice of grub stops.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Bob, have you got the Saturday run planned yet? I'm coming up to Applecross on the Saturday at early o'clock, so need to know what time you plan to head out.

Hi Dean - what time do you think you'll get to the campsite? Don't think a run is firmed up yet but can't see us being away before 10 - 10.30. Will you make it for then?

Matt

ps - been out in the car this year yet....? ;-)

Matt i don't think i've ever seen us leave before 12pm on the Saturday! I can leave Livi about 5am and be at the campsite in time for the run.

I've only managed about 100 miles so far this year. I'm taking it up to Pipe Dynamics in Leven on Thursday to get an exhaust made

APPLECROSS 2015 THE EVENT

here the time table for this years Clan McWesty Applecross trip .

Thursday 18th June the support van will be in the usual place at the B.P garage queens crossing at the Forth Road Bridge at 19.30 and then over to Dunfermline to pick up the Barbie at Wee Dov's ( Kev can you get those big cool box's ) Alan will then take it home and meet us the following morning .

Friday 19th June . first meet and new this year. because we care ? the Ladies drive for wife's and girl friends?  9.30 Blair drumming safari park I have arranged for them to drive through the lions enclosure so get the meat tie wrapped to the roll bars but please leave your roofs off .

Friday 9.30to 10.00 first meeting point . Killmahog just after Callander at the visitors centre where we met last year . we will then move of up to the Green welly in Tyndrum meet up with the Glasgow team for around 11 .

lunch is booked for 12/12.30 at the Onich Hotel and we should meet up with Campbell there .

A quick stop at Fort William for Fuel , drink and drink  and then weather and time permitting a photo shoot at castle on the way up ?and we are doing it this year .

We should make Applecross for 5.30 .

Friday night dress code   a white disposable boiler suit with a hood  and  your name on the back also dark glasses , without these you will be shunned by the clan.

once the food has been sorted, this years award will be handed out and as usual its on bad taste. Followed by a few hours of Banter ???

Saturday 20th June .  We are booked into the Walled Garden for 9 onwards for breakfast and if its as good as last year worth the early start .

10.30 we all should be ready for out Saturday blast heading off over the coast road to sheildag and then on to Gairloch where we can regroup at the Old Inn there for a snack . and back over the pass its about a 140 mile round trip .

on the way back and this is important . go down to the Applecross in and place your food order with the bar staff, its a small pub and it take a bit of convincing them to take our party every year, we should  get back 4.30/ 5  the table is booked for 6.30 .

Sunday we will get our heads together and make our way home any stuff left in the van can be picked up on the Monday night at the forth Bridge at 7.30 to 8.30 ans the Barbie stuff will go back to wee Dov's.

Am just back from Skye and I did notice quite a few scamera  vans on the way up so be carful .And  as usual there are no trophies for getting there first its not a race its a drive through the best country in the world so enjoy it.

anything else you need to know then post it up or p.m me .

Bob

• Like 2

I can supply the white suits for anyone foc.... just let me know who wants one?

Great work, Bob! Really looking forward to it!

I can supply the white suits for anyone foc.... just let me know who wants one?

One for me, please!

+ one for English Steve!

2 for me please John!

Ta, Matt

Two weeks to go! Not that I'm counting of course....... :)

I think Hannah (daughter) is looking forward to it even more than I am!

Matt

Stick me down for food. I need to get a new sump fitted this week, yikes.

Possible additional Westie to the list ..

Newly delivered kit in my area .

Waiting on registration to be completed.

If done in time he plans on attending the Applecross run.

I'll keep you posted.

cheers

Jim.

• Like 1