Applecross 2015 clan McWesty 5th highland gathering

ziplob

Look up the Applecross campsite website and you can book online.

thinking of coming to this got any info address or phone number ect 

Hi Daz

Google 'Applecross campsite' for info. you can camp, hut or IIRC you can still hire static caravans but you'll need to confirm that with the campsite. Unsure if the campsite has wound down for the season but if so, try calling the Applecross Walled Garden as I believe that they're both owned by the same family. Alternatively, the Applecross Inn (2mins from campsite) may have rooms! ;)

The campsite takes bookings all year round if you do it on line, as soon as you book the hut or caravan it comes of the web site .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 huts left 8 and 11 , Deno double check you booking????? there may be a problem with it . I have had an e-mail from two guys in Holland who will be meeting us on the Saturday and camping Saturday night.

Bob I've only booked my hut for the Saturday night as It looks like my daughters school prom will be on the Friday night and she wants the Westy as her prom car, so i'll head up to Applecross at early o'clock on the Saturday morning and meet you guys.If the prom turns out to be a different week i'll book the hut on the Friday aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

been offerd a discount if we eat at the walled garden on the Saturday night . its up to you if you want to book it or just eat at the Inn .

Im undecided - the Inn does guid grub but the Walled Garden did us a decent breakfast last year; their only downside was the slowwww service, where some had finished and others hadn't even been served! :down:

Does the WG serve bevvy?? I would suggest that they send us a menu or give us a rough idea what they can offer..

@Judder, did you not go there for an evening meal last time?

Walled Garden website & menu - http://www.applecrossgarden.co.uk/.

Looks like a fairly limited (but good) menu. Not cheap but if we get a discount would be ok and they do serve drink!

I would happily eat at either place but if we're going there for breakfast, maybe we should spread out custom around between the two?

Matt

• Like 1

You're not kidding they're not cheap!! Maybe breakfast at WG and evening meal at the Inn..

walled garden for breky and the inn for dinner , am going th chin the in for discount after all this is our 5th time and we have not wrecked it yet ??????

• Like 2

gutted as I am working that weekend! :(

but I will try and join you guys for some of the drive north on the Friday and then turn around and come home half way up! 

Cheers Paul