Anglesey track day 28th June

Andrew

Never done a trackday and only got a sew with cvh. Would it be worth me doing one or would I be like a mobile chicane?

There will always be something slower and something quicker!

You've got to dip your toe in the water at some point so either this one or the club day at Blyton would be a good way to start.

Can you just turn up on the day? Or do you have to sort in advance? Apart from helmet what is required?

Go for it Jonk, as said there will be a lot slower cars out there.

An airfield track day is a good one for a first go i would say.. Plenty of run off...In case it does go wrong...

I will be slow and others may have to avoid the smell of fear from behind me!

I think I'm gonna book this. What do I require apart from car/ talent? Helmet, but what standard, boots, gloves, overalls?

Is there anything I need to do to the car, eg catch tank etc?

All you need is lid, basic full face motorbike or kart one will do, long sleeves and trousers, then just make sure the car is in good working order with plenty of meat on the brake pads :-)

Ha. At first maybe, but you will soon get into the flow of it, my lad (he is 18) did his first trackday in my car at elvington last month in the rain!!!

He is now hooked...started slow at first and then he was driving it like he had nicked his dads motor...!!

Car is good, safe slow! Got a bike helmet ACU spec. So don't have to have gloves etc?

Hi gregg Elvington now that takes me back. We used to sprint a gsxr750 outfit there in th 1980s.

It was as rough as a rough thing!

Car is good, safe slow! Got a bike helmet ACU spec. So don't have to have gloves etc?

Nope, you're good to go!

Gonna ring Friday then to see if there are places left.

How many westys are attending?

Would be nice to meet fellow owners before they destroy me on track!

Looks like at least 7 so far, although I might end up in my MX-5 if its rebuilt in time... Needs a shakedown before next race weekend.

I will be slow and others may have to avoid the smell of fear from behind me!

Best suggestion I can make is you book a couple of instruction sessions as well, it will get you up and running much quicker and help to settle you in properly.  You'll be able to get advice and rides etc with some of the other westie guys anyway but getting an instructor in with you will really help with the smell  ;) .