First Track Day - which one?

cjdad76

you need that on the side of your car - and a big wolf head on your overalls  :)

I best get designing for next year then... 

Curborough is not on our calendar this year and so the practical part of the sprint school will not be happening there. Its also a very narrow track to learn and Llandow is much better IMHO

Blyton track day and the associated weekend speed series sprint would be worth your trip to see sprint car and maybe ample the track too. Camping is available and its a great weekend

Llandow is a good starter track, local and cheap for there Saturdays il planning to do my first day there hopefully end of April

Can do all dates for Llandow at the mo apart from May 3rd.

I am in the same position as CrisisWolf, new owner with no driving time under my belt.  I would want to feel comfortable with the car and my ability to drive it quickly, before I put my name on a sprint series entry form!!  Next year perhaps........

31-May would suit me well for Llandow.  I have contacted them and asked for availability, also if there are discounts for group / club bookings.  I'll let you know what the reply is.

Being fairly new to the scene (2 track days, 2 sprints)

IMHO although all seat time on the road is good, it'll never prepare you fully for the track experience. It's simply not possible to drive as fast safely.

If your unsure about initially being on track with others as I was, then a Curborough track day is an excellent introduction.

Sprint events I also found great as no one else to worry about, just your own driving. Again Curborough was my first.

The WSCC Blyton was a great trackday which I would highly recommend for a novice as I am. A great weekend event altogether.

note - you do not have to have entered the Speed Series to enter a sprint. And I borrowed PPE for sprints last year, before deciding to purchase now I know I just have to do more.

Really appreciate the advice.  LLandow looks like a nice little track with plenty of run off and talking to the people there, they run the days in 3 groups based on skill level; novice, intermediate & advanced (probably pretty standard).  Also @ £90 for the day, it's pretty cheap too.

I'd be up for booking onto the 31-May - anyone else?

Stu

I dint think it has changed but the track is wide and unless you get it totally wrong the run off is ok

Granted it is a lot wider than a lot of sprint / hill climb tracks, but there is no comparison to airfield tracks with acres of run-off, or 'proper' tracks with kitty litter and such like. Having said that, even on 'proper' tracks, available 'getting it wrong room' soon disappears...!

I am in the same position as CrisisWolf, new owner with no driving time under my belt.  I would want to feel comfortable with the car and my ability to drive it quickly, before I put my name on a sprint series entry form!!  Next year perhaps........

31-May would suit me well for Llandow.  I have contacted them and asked for availability, also if there are discounts for group / club bookings.  I'll let you know what the reply is.

Let me know what they come back with Availability wise. 31-May is good for me (just in the process of booking onto "Cotswold Club Driver Skills Day 2014" on 16th May as well.

Sessions @ Llandow are for 40 cars per day, running in groups of 10 cars at a time, split by skill level.  Would seem that you get a decent amount of track time if that is the case.  Very helpful lady there called Sharon Evans has been coming back to me with answers.

Reply below on availability and exclusive group bookings, perhaps someone from the WSCC might want to look at an exclusive track day????

Exclusive use fees are as follows; Mon & Friday  £2250 / Tues Wed and Thurs £1800 / Sat £3000. (All prices are including vat).  The only additional cost to this day would be the paramedic at £180.00 per day.

We can organise a day for you for a min of 10 cars for £100.00 per car if required though, and this could only be run on a week day. I would suggest booking as soon as you can for May 31st as 5th April sold out yesterday and April 26th has 18 spaces left.  You are correct in thinking that owners clubs are booking together, we have a lot of MX5s in next week, with Pumas booking the April 26th.