I have wanted to get myself one of these since before completing the build.
I ordered one around a month ago from Soft Bits For Sevens, and I have had it for two weeks at home.
I finally got around to fitting it to the car today
I may make up some roof bars to span from the windscreen to the rollbar, but for now it is fine
I decided to swap my flat bottomed steering wheel and QR for some new models
So out with the old
And in with the new - Brown & Geeson QR with a Momo Team 280mm diameter wheel
For the usual suspects - that is a bit LESS blue in the car now
A bit of fresh air was needed today, so I used some fine cutting compound, followed by Autoglym SRP and finally some wax. Three coats of each left me with this
Then I cleaned the mirror glass and applied some Rainex. I also cleaned the plastic glass surround with some trim detailer
And finally I re-assembled the mirror
The windscreen pillars need a small amount of modifying. I drilled out the fixing holes to enlarge the diameter of them. This allows the mirror to be rotated slightly t
I picked the job up again this afternoon, and decided to fit the switch into the dashboard.
Firstly I chose my position
Then I cut away the vinyl and foam very carefully, followed by drilling a series of holes to form the square hole
After some tidying up with a file, the switch is in
Whilst out collecting some last minute bits today, I picked up a can of top coat paint.
I sanded one of the primed mirrors down with 800 grit wet and dry, and gave it a couple of coats.
Several months ago I bought a pair of electric mirrors and a control switch on E-Bay
They are from a MGF (Rover)
So yesterday I decided to have a go at getting them sorted out and fitted. The first job was to whip the battery off the Westy. I bought the battery inside and sat at the dining room table and got stuck into working out the wiring on the mirrors and switch. This didnt take too long with the help of google.
Once I got both mirrors 100% operational, I labelled up all the wires and