Several months ago I bought a pair of electric mirrors and a control switch on E-Bay
They are from a MGF (Rover)
So yesterday I decided to have a go at getting them sorted out and fitted. The first job was to whip the battery off the Westy. I bought the battery inside and sat at the dining room table and got stuck into working out the wiring on the mirrors and switch. This didnt take too long with the help of google.
Once I got both mirrors 100% operational, I labelled up all the wires and also made a seperate note of connections.
Then I took off the cover surround and mirror glass
After a quick clean up inside the housing, I gave them a rub down with 400 grit wet and dry
The next process was to mask up the rubber shrouding covering the mounting lugs, and give them a coat of primer