Racing a Westfield?

Terzo204

Sorted now Cast Iron. I think it was an air lock.

It ran great on Friday on Track, thank god. It's been a right pain recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the new license rules from Jan 17 regarding needing a nat A license to circuit race in anything over 340bhp per tonne!!

Best try and get 6 signatures in before then or it is a waste of time.

MSA have said no exception for '7' style cars only single seaters which are 500bhp per Tonne. I tried talking to them today but to no avail.

Yes I did Iowlee. My car has 182 bhp and weights 600kg so I should be ok. It also factors in the drivers weight (IIRC) so that's more like a 550 bhp car if my maths is right.

I was going to PM you Iowlee as the applications are out for Donny with the CSCC. I sent my forms off this morning for Group 1.

Missed battling with you at Blyton Mike :(

Iowlee - Well I'm still under at 308 (590kg and 182 bhp). If you are more then 185 bhp you will be Group 2, I'm in Group 1. What's you race number as i'll watch out for you on Motors TV! I have had my entry confirmed for Donny so I'll be there on the 4th, barring a disaster.

David - Yes shame but I could not stretch the budget to Blyton along with my other races. How did you get on?

Just had Donny confirmed as well.

Number 55

Will see you there.

I will PM you with my contact details.

Is that group one Lee?

I'm number 14. It's the faster number after all ;) 

Please let us know how you get on - from a drivers perspective as i'm sure I can watch this first hand on Motors TV (you got to love the channel, even if my wife doesn't…)

No group 2. However I really need to check the bhp of my engine as I am relying on what I was told when purchased it.

I will let you know, as it is my first time circuit racing against others. I have done a sprint before and auto testing (solo events) I have done concrete oval twice before but this is all new. Fingers crossed.

we have a novice showed up recently out in a Corvette on Slicks, so understand the need for the rule, however plenty are seeing it as another TAX

First races done! See the blog "My Lawnmower Runs on Super".

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1st race also completed now at thruxton. Only westfield out in a field of caterhams. Got 1st in class (only 2 in my class, but still got an award) finished 21st I believe overall. My target was to finish higher than qualifying, and qualified 29th so happy with that. Now have a signature on my upgrade card and also did a day marshalling so have a second.

Great driving Lee. Very very well done for representing the racing Westfields so well.

Mike

See you at Donny

• 2 weeks later...

Races 3 & 4 done. See my blog 'My Lawnmower Runs on Super'

Mike