word of warning selling on ebay

pete g

I've done CCJ claims most years to recover bad debts

20 mins to fill in the form simples

Only twice gone to small claims court hearing

It's just the two of you chatting to a magistrate less than 30 mins simples

Just as I have said make sure it's not just an oversight on his part

I think Pete is retired like my old Dad..  who loves a good complaint / argument.  Keeps him entertained :laugh:

Andy, you must know how to pick em' if you are doing this every year ;)

Andy, you must know how to pick em' if you are doing this every year ;)

Lol don't work for landlords, estate agents or solicitors unless they are on site to pay when you've finished

• Like 1

Do you have the engine number written down

Surely if he had the item and withdrawn payment thats theft - like bouncing a cheque

I would screen shot everything related to it,feedbsck/facebook etc - along with correspondance and phone paypal

Ive found them to be ok if you speak to them

If not push the police into paying him a visit with the evidence

If your engine is in his car and payment has been withdrawn surely thers a crime commited

I wonder if hes on the locost site

Now there's a point. If he has an engine with your serial number on it, and he hasn't paid for it, then he must have stolen it !!!!

Put it on the Locost site too.

police were informed the day I found out what he had done. [so far I have heard NOTHING]

I know where he lives .I have his phone number . I know  loads about him  but what can I do.

the internet is a clever thing in hindsight

Have you tried contacting him? To me it all sounds like a bit of a mix up.. either that or he's the world's worst crook! ???

no mix up . texted him 3 times to ask why?.  no answer.

emailed him via ebay 3 times  no answer

not phoned him but might from a phone he don't know. but I don't think there much point at this stage.

I wonder... you know he's got a Westfield.  You know he's got your engine in it.  You know where he lives.  Perhaps you should write to the DVLA and tell them his car has a stolen engine in it.  Either he's not changed his V5 info in which case he's in trouble with them, and at MOT / insurance time; or he has changed his V5 to reflect your engine and his car could be put on a ANPR watch list, which would be lots of fun when he's out blatting.  Either way, he'll be screwed if he tries to sell the car.  I think if you told him you will write to the DVLA within 7 days unless you get payment in full, he might have a change of heart.  Worth a thought?

I wonder... you know he's got a Westfield.  You know he's got your engine in it.  You know where he lives.  Perhaps you should write to the DVLA and tell them his car has a stolen engine in it.  Either he's not changed his V5 info in which case he's in trouble with them, and at MOT / insurance time; or he has changed his V5 to reflect your engine and his car could be put on a ANPR watch list, which would be lots of fun when he's out blatting.  Either way, he'll be screwed if he tries to sell the car.  I think if you told him you will write to the DVLA within 7 days unless you get payment in full, he might have a change of heart.  Worth a thought?

I like your thinking scott

Seems to be trading as Boswells Automotive; "recovery, sales, service, repairs" etc. You could also let the DVLA/VOSA know - if he's pulled a sharp one on you, it's probably not the first time...

And if he's anything like a lot of motor trade related owners, the Westfield may well be through the business too... complete with stolen engine.

He has a few companies, call those numbers too.

I can't believe someone woud want to put themselves in such a stupid possible situation to steal a few hundred pounds!

Publish his ebay account name so none of us deal with him.

please note if you sell on ebay and some one pays by paypal  and they collect the item .

you are not covered by their protection if the buyer then says he never received the item.

even it you get him to sign for it.

I just sold a engine on ebay and buyer paid straight away by paypal. he took a age to pick it up but the day after he collected he informed his credit card company he never authorised the payment.

Astonishing! So what does his credit card company and the Police think about the fact that you've got a signature to say that he's uplifted it?? How are you being held accountable for him not authorising a payment from his card??

As Tigger said if you have the engine number and he says he never received it. Report it stolen to the police and tell them where it is. I also hope there is enough support from this site to maybe create a little inconvenience. Otherwise a CCJ but if he is showing the engine on a blog you may get the engine number and stitch him up with his own evidence. I remember someone doing that by posting a facebook photo of themselves and claiming that they hadn't been in the company of the very person clearly shown on the photo. Some people deserve a proper stitching up.

Bob :(

• Like 1

Is Boswells Automotive not an American company. Where does this scumbag operate from. Hertfordshire after reading some more.

Bob :(

There's lots of them Bob. Easiest route to his connections seems to be the dreaded Facebook.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.