Brighton Speed Trials, Sat 13th Sept

gee_fin

ah yes, Brighton.......the worlds 2nds biggest gay centre after San Francisco  :0   :t-up:   :arse:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• windy

• peterg

• SteveD

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least theres an up side to being gay  :(  at least men fancy other men and not sheep  :(  ;)

Can't make either Brighton or Wiscombe as its the last round of the Friarsgate Championship at Curborough!

But I will be at Anglsey this weekend Stevie!!  Wink Wink!

Delboy!

Wots that you say Me Julie? Put me wot where??

ahem.... correction, looks like I'll be spectating at Brighton after all as my entry to Shelsley has been refused  :angry:  :arse:  ???

Crossposted from Blatchat, interesting entries -

"Gerry Marshall in Baby Bertha

Mike Endean in his new 1,000 bhp per tonne 4X4 Puma

Julian Godfey in his 600bhp road going RS200

A Force SR8 using 2 hyabusa engines

A Dax Hyabusa Turbo

James Tiller's 200mph Allard"

Thoroughly looking forward to seeing/hearing the twin-Busa SR8....

think you might be a tad disappointed then, the SR8 has been running at every meeting at Gurston Down this year and although it's gradually getting sorted the sound isn't actually as erm i'nspiring' as you'd hope (not for me at any rate)  :t-up:

fastest car was a 1600cc 'Busa engined Force single seater at 10.20 @131mph, fastest bike was a 'Busa engined 'Busa  ;) at 9.60 at 165mph  :0

'rumoured' £1M+ Puma did 10.40 @140

Force SR8 twin 'Busa did 10.40 @134

SBD's Westfield did 10.80 @ 126

Records are:  Car 8.90 (SPA Judd sports racer)

Bike 9.00 (can't remember....)

Whole load of photos here -

http://www.aoow37.dsl.pipex.com/brighton/

We got a class win, a 13.01@109mph. Not overly impressive but all the times on the day were about 0.7s off (what you would expect at the Pod/elsewhere) due to the traction off the start line at Brighton.

Had a few moans from other competitors (mainly the Minis) in class about running the car in the road-going class. What made me laugh was that the over 1400cc road-going class was pure Caterham/Westfield/Fury/etc, we're in the under 1400cc (naturally) and yet still get hassle. Even though the car was driven 200miles to the event and was the only one with road-legal rubber on and the only one not trailered there!

*shrugs* Anyways, roll on Santa Pod :)

Graeme.

Yep, one awesome machine. Got some more photos of it when I recharge the camera, and some video footage. Rumoured to be in the 1000bhp area, 4WD, custom sequential, carbon everywhere, utterly beautiful (well, in a custom carbon monster kind of way).