What do you reckon on this for a first westie

Sparkymart

pmsl :laugh:

It just goes to show how many subtle differences there have been over the years :oops:

One of your guides/FAQ's would no doubt be well received :t-up:

One of your guides/FAQ's would no doubt be well received :t-up:

I'll see what I can do, but I have *3 Westfield's to finish first.

*not all of them are made of paper :)

i'll second that a guide would be good I overlooked marto's new wheels as i was told buy its old owner it was a narrow body  :cry: 

Fixed or separate wings. Surely it's easy to tell the difference. One has no join and the other has.

Or have I got it wrong - again.

Fixed or separate wings. Surely it's easy to tell the difference. One has no join and the other has.

Or have I got it wrong - again.

Yes you've got it wrong again :d

It's not quite that easy as both wides and narrows came with fixed arches, although the wide also had a detachable arch option which was never avaible on the narrow. So if it has detachable arches then it's a wide (unless it's a prelit :d )

Further confusion then occurs when you get a car like the one in the ebay advert linked earlier which had fixed arches, but they've been painted/wrapped in a different colour to the rest of the tub, and so the un witting buyer may think it's got detachable arches. And automatically assume it to be a wide when infact it may not be.

Then there are a few like my narrow that have detachable arches, either because the existing tub has been modified for them, or like in my case a wide tub has been cut and modified to fit.

But has the detachable wing got the flare that the fixed has?

Hi all,

this is my first day and my first post.

I arranged to see this car on the Sunday, could not go because of the weather so cancelled the visit with the seller

It was sold early on Monday

Anyway what wiil be will be 

Welcome along and good luck with the search! Don't get frustrated if not too many pop up at the moment, it starts getting busier around Easter time

Hi Marty and welcome I'm also new here but what a great place to get help and info The guys on here are really helpful.. It did look a nice car, good luck with the hunt

Martin

Hi and welcome to Sparkymart and Martyblues, you have started well with the right names :)

As a fairly recent member I can say you will find all the information you need from the knowledgable people on this site.

With regards to engines I feel that a well built and maintained car with any of the usual engines will be a great car anyway so don't get too hung up on it. If is a good car at the right price then go for it, I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the driving experience :t-up:

Martyn

cheers martin i am looking at other options it would be nice to get out in some other engine options but i don't know anyone in cornwall with a westy  :down: 

Welcome along and good luck with the search! Don't get frustrated if not too many pop up at the moment, it starts getting busier around Easter time

Although if you remember when I bought mine last March there will come a time where you have to move very quickly to get a well priced car!

im all set to move quickly on a car even got a big pile of pound notes sat here waiting for the right car  :t-up: