Gites - The 2013 Offer. SEE THE 2014 OFFER NOW.

Norman Verona

Kerry, I may try and get that sorted. I was going to drop HM off at her fathers and go off somewhere else. However I may just go out to lunch with them, spend the afternoon there and pop over to Shardlow to meet you all.

best leave it as if I turn up she's in a good mood.  :)

Fine. We meet on the top floor of The Clock, the old warehouse by the canal.

BTW, we are doing the ferry going and tunnel coming back, so I'll let you know which is cheaper after I've been. 

John

The ferry is cheaper, the tunnel quicker.

I would use the tunnel every time as I consider the extra cost is worth the drive on-drive off and 35 minute trip. But HM won't go on it. She's heard of horror stories of trains breaking down in the tunnel and as she claustrophobic is scared to try it.

• 1 month later...

Just to remind those booked in before the 31st January deadline.

And, we'll throw in another special offer on top of that massive discount. Anyone booking before 31st January can pay on the 1st May. After 1st February payment with booking will be required.

I'll send out emails mid April with bank details and amount due for payment for 1st May. Payment will be in Sterling to a UK bank so no hassle.

• 3 months later...

Thought a timely reminder would be in order. 

We're fully booked for August but have at least one gite from now until last week in July and both are still free for September.

I was a bit upset that I had to turn someone down yesterday as they wanted an August date.

• 1 month later...

Last word from me (were have we heard that before!!!!)

We have a few weeks left in September, all of August is booked.

So, if you fancy a week of piece and tranquility then book it now.

Our Brian, aka Tyson is on his way to see you soon, Proper country accent he has.

Our Brian, aka Tyson is on his way to see you soon, Proper country accent he has.

Oh, thanks for that Bernie.

From Colchester? That's not country it's cockeniegh

Mid & North Essex boys talk with a proper country accent, if they have lived there all their lives.    Essex is very rural except alongside the Thames where we speak Estuary English, like, know wat R mean.

I've nothing against Essex lads and lasses, my kids were dragged up in the county. Barkingside and Chigwell, ooh aaarh

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring this back to the top. We still have some weeks free in September and early October if anyone wants a nice chilling break.

• 3 months later...

Just getting next years offer together. The price will have to rise as I underestimated the cost of tea, coffee, milk, sugar, soap and shampoo. Also we need some "extra" to build a fund to replace the roof and decorate.

The current price of two person gites in the Pay de la Loire is about £600 and that doesn't always include bedding and towels, you have to bring your own.

So, what would you say was acceptable given that they are a non-profit making, club resource. last years price was £85 per week.

even if you upped the price to 150 pound- its still a bargain either way- heating your home, with hot water, and electricity wouldnt be a lot cheaper than that! and dont think it will change peoples minds of coming or not! 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.