Bye Bye all - I`m barred - how shortsighted!

hilux

How does the committee defend to paying members giving away things of high value (knowledge, advice, and support) for free to non-paying members?

How does the committee justify to paying members not getting the free advice that non paying members have always contributed to any topic?

I have always tried to contribute where appropriate, why, because I've appreciated the wit, good humour and camaraderie as well as pool of technical knowledge on just about any subject. The welcome has been such that I've felt obliged to try to give something back. 

I do strongly feel that the administrators and the committee have not looked at this change from a members perspective, only from your own. As Arthur Clarke once said, the human minds capacity for self deceit is beyond belief. This change may benefit you, your fellow administrators and the committee, the membership at large not so much. 

Without constant vigilance, all organisations end up being run for the benefit of those that run the organisation, tell me again how non members not getting and giving free advice benefits paying members?

The boardroom is just an internet forum, it's been a great place to visit, both when I owned my Westy and was a paying member and since I moved on. It's not the end of the world, life will go on, the sun will continue to rise, but don't fool yourself on the justification for excluding those few interested and interesting virtual acquaintances, paying members are not going to benefit.

And just for fun, who owns Haymarket Publishing?

Are you saying the club is in trouble financially and needs to raise more funds? If so then apologies because that is the first time I have read that as being the reason for the change.

Not sure how stopping people who weren't paying anything anyway from using the Boardroom for all eternity raises club funds?

Are you saying the club is in trouble financially and needs to raise more funds? If so then apologies because that is the first time I have read that as being the reason for the change.

Post 185 in the Forum/Boardroom Changes thread...

Magazine from 6 to 4 I don't think anyone least of all the WSCC committee wanted to see the magazine reduced but sad fact was with the economic downturn and losing so many members over the previous 18 months meant that the club could not exist in the same manner and something needed to be done - just ask any committee member they will tell you this - the club simply could not go on the way it was - I am sure that the WSCC committee will continue to monitor the situation and if possible return the magazine to its bi-monthly issue if and when available to do so.

I agree with some  of the comments being made, but i stoll think a few months lurking before you sign up, followed by a month of free posting is more than enough to decide if its worth joining! 

Calling the cap'n, is it worth maybe suggesting you make the rules very clear before entering the site so people know that when they sign up, they will only have 30 days to post, and that browsing for a month or  so before signing up and asking questions would thus benefit potential members in deciding if they wish to join? :) 

Oh yes Kingston, the rules that they will have 30 days or 20 posts will be quite clear when people sign up for Trial Club Membership, not to worry. :)  I can only hope they read the rules and understand them when they do so...you can lead a horse to water, but it takes real effort to drown them. :d

• Like 1

STOP

Enough. The committee have made a decision. Right or wrong we, the members, should accept it and stand by it. If after 6 or 12 months it proves to have been the wrong decision they can change it. However, as far as I can see it's working already with a few non-members re-joining (or joining).

So far the committee have made changes to the original proposals so they are listening.

I have full trust in their decision so please stop this bickering.

Signed,

Happy form France

• Like 1

Kingston, you bring a lot of smiles and good humour to the boardroom while asking very little in return.  It's Christmas time, and I know your situation is like that of many others on the cash flow front.  Every year at this time, I try to remember how fortunate I am and do something for others if I can.  This year, I need someone to do some £10 60-Day Paid Trial Membership beta testing, so I've personally paid for it to be you.  If you find any faults in the next 60 days, let me know, OK?  Thanks. :t-up:

Merry Christmas! ;)  :xmas:

STOP

Have you lost your glasses, Norman? Would you like us to search for them?  ;)

There's many good points on both sides here. I'm a non-member and as such don't expect to be able to post in certain parts of the forum howver I feel a total ban on posting isn't in the best interests of the club. Potential owners may want to post to ask questions prior to choosing their type of kit car, on one or two occasions (very infrequent it has to be said) I hope I've been able to help existing owners/members by pasing on my experience of a certain problem or technical issue. I no longer own a Westfield and am unlikely to do so for some time due to becoming a father of 3 young ones but I like to vist when I can and every now and then to make a comment. I know membership is only a small amount but I visit several car forums, if they all go the same way it'll had up a a sigificant amount and in my 'visiting' status I won't really benefit from being a member of any of them.

It's a shame, and personally I think ther wrong decision, however I'll continue to watch and have a laugh albeit won't be able to contribute in any way. Best wishes to everyone at the club I'm sure you've thought long and hard about it andf have your valid reasons.

Yours, looking on from the sidelines, Boxerman

:(  :( :(  :(  :(  

Kingston, you bring a lot of smiles and good humour to the boardroom while asking very little in return.  It's Christmas time, and I know your situation is like that of many others on the cash flow front.  Every year at this time, I try to remember how fortunate I am and do something for others if I can.  This year, I need someone to do some £10 60-Day Paid Trial Membership beta testing, so I've personally paid for it to be you.  If you find any faults in the next 60 days, let me know, OK?  Thanks. :t-up:

Merry Christmas! ;)  :xmas:

I am Speechless Sir, and also very humbled! Please accept my hearty thanks Cap'n, you are a true saint! Off now to test my new powers and take notes on any discrepancies *toodles off to pastures new to test out my new super powers* ;)  :xmas:

ETA my discoveries: 

Can post in the members only section

Can post on adverts in the for sale section

Can post in parts for sale

Can post in cars wanted

Can post in cars wanted

Can post in external ads

Can post in speed series

Can post in events

So yeah can post everywhere now :d

2 things I cant do are

Cant pm

Cant go on members profiles

But im not sure if I should be able to or not?

Anything else need testing?! :laugh:

Wow, not only a little poster but a little tester as well.

Keep it up my little echo, you're doing fine.

By the way, I'm not sure where you live but have you thought about asking James if he needs any apprentice arborists. I knew an arborist when we lived in the Peaks and they seem to be a very happy, stress free bunch of people.