Bye Bye all - I`m barred - how shortsighted!

hilux

I was a member for a few years but sold the Westy and moved on but loved the forum so still popped in and out however I received the e-mail below from your short sighted moderators/organisers.

I did reply via e-mail as follows (and I`m not wrong)

I`ve been on your forum for years so it is a disappointment for I have seen car forums come and go and when they become elitist regarding forum entry/chat they usually decline.

Potential owners/members will dip in and when they can`t ask any questions won't return.

Clever club administrators allow limited access for this reason.

Good bye

Regards

Paul

I wont be back and fear the forum will revert to immediate members so it will not appeal to others who wont get access to find out (in a limited way) what it is all about so as to be happy to join - as has happened to many forums unfortunately.

So with sadness its so long and many happy safe blats to you all (and a merry Xmas)

Ho hum...............

From the WSCC police..........

Dear hilux

Please excuse this email from the Westfield Sports Car Club, however we wish to contact you about your account on the online forum http://forum.wscc.co.uk

Followers of the forum will know that the club has decided to give non members full access to the forum but with a limited time of 30 days or 20 posts. After this time non-member accounts will move into a read-only status on the forum.

This email is to let you know that your account will be moved to guest status on 15th December.

We hope you have enjoyed benefits from contributing to the WSCC club website and will consider full membership of the WSCC. Full membership not only provides full access for one year to the online side of the club, but also provides the following benefits:

* Access to local area meets

* Westfield World magazine

* National event and shows such as Stonleigh

* Motorsport such as Westfield Speed Series

You can buy membership online by logging into the forum and selecting the store link at the top of the forum. Alternatively please reply to this email to contact the membership secretary for other ways to pay and support the club.

You can also extend your trial for 2 more months at a time by purchasing a trial extension in the online store.

If you are a lapsed member of the club, then you can renew your membership online or alternatively reply to this email to contact the membership secretary for renewal.

Many thanks for your support of the Westfield Sports Car Club.

Typical!  Just as I'm about to investigate getting back into the world of Westfield after an absence of nine years, my source of help is barred!  Ho hum.  Not ready to sign up for a membership so its a wee bit disappointing.

Your posts from a few years ago were a great read and I really enjoyed watching your various projects evolve.

Great shame to see another great non-member go  :(

Progress  :down:

Mike

Sorry to be a bit critical here but we're talking £27.50 a year, just over 7p per day.

How much are you spending on a new Westfield?

• Like 1

if it means that much to you i'll pay your membership

7p per day to read Norman's posts and oppinions  :(

Now thats a hard decision to juggle with :oops:

:d :d :d

Sorry to be a bit critical here but we're talking £27.50 a year, just over 7p per day.

Or £275 for 10 yrs, I think everyone can add, but not sure that's the point.

The admittedly laboured point is that it's cheap.

And no-one is cut off. The forums can still be read by anyone so the help you want is still there. You just won't be able to participate. If participating is important (and lets face it if it was that important we'd hear from most of these folks more than twice a year) then the solution is easy, and cheap.

There I go, labouring that point again...

So far after quoting my membership to my insurers I received discounts which effectively covered the cost of the yearly subscription fee so to me it was a no brainer!

So far after quoting my membership to my insurers I received discounts which effectively covered the cost of the yearly subscription fee so to me it was a no brainer!

yeah you beat me too that one. i saved nearly £100 moving my landrover to aplan and having club membership. that's nearly 4 years membership in one hit

Being a member and able to buy and sell parts has saved me far, far more than the annual pittance!

If you cant see its value for money then dont pay :oops:

Not been on or really looked at the boardroom for about 2 yrs - kinell it's changed! Good to see the same old names present tho !! Will have another car at somepoint but busy with other things at the moment. What do the changes mean for me - can I just pop in and browse every now and then ? Can I keep my user name etc

Regards to all

Dave O

Not been on or really looked at the boardroom for about 2 yrs - kinell it's changed! Good to see the same old names present tho !! Will have another car at somepoint but busy with other things at the moment. What do the changes mean for me - can I just pop in and browse every now and then ? Can I keep my user name etc Regards to all Dave O

You can keep your username and you can browse. Whats more when you rejoin in teh future it will keep all your membership history and number etc that way.