Bye Bye all - I`m barred - how shortsighted!

hilux

"Barred" to me would infer you are no longer welcome, wrong choice of wording I think.

Everybody..well almost everybody are very welcome and 100% valued. There are a number of options open to all existing/lapsed/new members. If you would like to be part of it it's dead easy!!

Get your laptop fired up, log into PayPal and rejoin. Simples.

• Like 2

"Barred" to me would infer you are no longer welcome, wrong choice of wording I think.

Thank you for that and that's precisely right - it's "Read Only", not "barred".  Non-paying guests will still be able to read almost everything on the boards, except WSCC Members Only, and Sponsors & Traders areas.  They just won't be able to start new threads or post replies, use the Search facility or use the PM system, for free.

The whole point of Trial Club Membership is to allow people to have 30 free days to wander around the boardroom, and 20 free posts in that time, to question others and make up their own minds as to if whether or not what club membership offers for them personally is a sufficient value proposition for their needs.  If they still can't decide, they can buy another 60 days for a tenner and have full unlimited membership posting rights.  That's good for everyone.

(For the record, there are fewer than 10 accounts that are "banned" out of 9,413 total registered.)

• Like 3

I don't have a Westfield, probably wont have one any time in the next 5 years either knowing my luck, but I have your email flagged cap'n and I'll be paying for a membership when I get paid after Christmas for sure, what a great club, great people many of whom have answered many of my threads on pointless and uninteresting subjects, such a wealth of knowledge from all walks of life, its like going to the apple store and asking the genius's*** a question, but about life instead of your i-phone! 

***I've never been inside an apple store, but I have been told this is what's inside them :d :D 

• Like 3

I'm very pleased Kingston, I'd have missed you in here personally!  When you do, I'll post you the latest issue of the club magazine and a 2013 calendar as well. :t-up:  Thanks for your support!

Beat me to it. I wandered over to the computer and noticed the title (even though I've read it a dozen or more times) and was going to point that the OP wasn't barred.

(For the record, there are fewer than 10 accounts that are "banned" out of 9,413 total registered.)

I don't understand that, if I'm "banned" how come I can still post. Oh, sorry, wrong forum.  :)

• Like 1

Cap'n that's a much appreciated comment :) I figured a few years of paid membership will make up for the bombardment of questions I'll be asking one day when I finally get a Westy :d

Norm, I couldn't ever imagine how you could possibly be banned from anywhere ;)

When we're sitting down in the sunshine drinking a bottle or three of red I'll tell you.

In the meantime, my little echo, get joined up as we don't want to lose you. It's only about a pint a month.

I think this is a non issue and think the new system sounds really fair and to be honest, makes perfect sense to me.

Cheers,

Dave

Kingston, do you want one of us to drop Steve D a PM, I am sure he would pay your subs  :d  :d  :d

Followers of the forum will know that the club has decided to give non members full access to the forum but with a limited time of 30 days or 20 posts. After this time non-member accounts will move into a read-only status on the forum.

What's to stop none members logging in under a new name every month ???

Kingston, do you want one of us to drop Steve D a PM, I am sure he would pay your subs  :d  :d  :d

Nick, and then forever be in his debt?! Who knows what kind of favours may be asked in such a circumstance, it's just not a risk I'm willing to take! :d

I'd rather the WSCC MiB just turned up and took my 30 quid :d 

I don't really get what all the fuss is about, its 30 quid, even I think that's a pittance and I'm a proper stinge with money haha! 

As others have said, it pays for itself in discount on insurance, parts, services et al! And the smile factor when you're having a crap day andneeded that bit of light hearted banter to make the day less grey :)

One question I do have, isre a way of changing my boardroom name when I pay my membership? 

Further so, am I the only one who loiters on a forum for some time just reading, before deciding to post when I've learnt the forum etiquette? I will look at a forum for a couple months, and then in that time I decide if I would start posting or not, stick my toe in the water and see how it is received, then go from there. 

Anyone who barges straight into a forum without first taking the time to read and learn gets shunned, same as real life, you don't just barge in and be the centre of attention, have seen a few people join this forum as boardroom users and start throwing their weight around demanding this, disrespecting that, and that, for me, is what has lead to this unfortunately, that being said, that's life, every time the committee tries to do something, their are moaners.

Can't please all the people all the time, if after 30 posts and a good read of the forum you don't feel it's worth paying 30 quid for, then it's your loss aye :)  :xmas:

• Like 4

You get what you pay for in this world and in the case of this club you get way more than the membership costs as regards value for money. This issue had been raised before and I still have difficulty in understanding how an individual can think that they should get something for nothing, and on the backs of those prepared to financially support their source of tech info, parts supply, immense knowledge base and endless humour. As well as a cracking magazine.........come on...get your hand in your pocket, it's time!

• Like 2

Nick, and then forever be in his debt?! Who knows what kind of favours may be asked in such a circumstance, it's just not a risk I'm willing to take! :d

I'd rather the WSCC MiB just turned up and took my 30 quid :d

I don't really get what all the fuss is about, its 30 quid, even I think that's a pittance and I'm a proper stinge with money haha! 

As others have said, it pays for itself in discount on insurance, parts, services et al! And the smile factor when you're having a crap day andneeded that bit of light hearted banter to make the day less grey :)

One question I do have, isre a way of changing my boardroom name when I pay my membership? 

:d  :d  :d  see what you mean  :d

PM the MemSec, I think you can change it in your profile, Sure he will let you know. And even more important sort it out if it's done some other way. Don;t forget to tell us you have changed otherwise we will all be wondering who this new guy is  :o  :blush: