Forum / Boardroom Changes

ACW

Whilst everyone is getting a round on mines a double malt please, no ice just a dash of water :) :)

mines a double malt please, no ice just a dash of water :) :)

Water in Malt? Mark, that is a sin!!!

Malt should be drank neat only ;)

Adrian, Scott, you've both worked hugely and put long hours in for the club, (as have other committee members); your efforts are particularly visible and there for all to see! Please no falling on ceremonial swords.

The club is full of many passionate supporters and the changes in the up and coming weeks and months will be some of the biggest I recall in my ten years (nearly), as a member.

Yet more hard work and commitment will be needed from all concerned at all levels of membership to make the future a success. We'll all need to pull together, but to do that we do need to communicate it's a two way thing, and we won't always hear what we want. But we must all listen, though it can be hard not to take things personally at times.

Malt should be drank neat only

WRONG. A single malt should have water added. It releases the flavour.

According to a whisky distiller I know at Aviemore.

Well I bow to you superior knowledge Norm

Personally, I like it neat :d

Lets face it....whisky's from scotland. Would you really expect us not to dilute it down :laugh:

The reason is, as explained to me, is that over 20 years in a sherry cask the whisky gets "heavy" (not to be confused with a "pint a' heavy"). The water thins the whisky and releases the flavour.

Next time you have a 20 or 25 year old single malt add a dash of water. You'll really taste the flavour.

I used to go to 2 pubs in and around Sheffield who had very good single malts. Both were served with a jug of water.

Just for the record I used to say that if god had meant whisky to have water in it he would have added it. I was put right by the chap at the distillery.

Now, back to the changes... Oh I've had my say so I'll keep quiet now.

the drink of gayers and folk that have had to many pints before

gayers!!! always make me laugh Steve - i know loads of Gayers and I've got them saying it now too :d

I too know a lot of happy people. But I don't know which one is gayer than the others.

Kuga, ..... what Norman said, I used to prefer it neat and the cheap end stuff is fine neat ........... but with anything half decent a small splash of water (at room temperature, certainly not chilled) really does bring out the flavours ;) ;) ;) don't overdo the water by any means ;) ;) ............... next time you have a nice malt give it a try ;) I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised :d

Kuga, ..... what Norman said, I used to prefer it neat and the cheap end stuff is fine neat ........... but with anything half decent a small splash of water (at room temperature, certainly not chilled) really does bring out the flavours ;) ;) ;) don't overdo the water by any means ;) ;) ............... next time you have a nice malt give it a try ;) I hope you'll feel gayer :d

:oops:

Kuga, ..... what Norman said, I used to prefer it neat and the cheap end stuff is fine neat ........... but with anything half decent a small splash of water (at room temperature, certainly not chilled) really does bring out the flavours ;) ;) ;) don't overdo the water by any means ;) ;) ............... next time you have a nice malt give it a try ;) I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised :d

I will give it a try - I have a nice bottle of MaCallan in the cupboard somewhere :)

Ok. Dont like Malt or Scotch so cant comment.................. Anyhow on with the changes.

Over the next few days Scott and I shall be re-arranging forums and groups. Once this is done all existing Forum Users will become Trial Members. I will run my new scripts when they are complete which will email all forum users the half way through trial email. I will anounce when this is run on the website as well. This email will explain the options available to forum users to either extend their trial, buy membership etc. and will encourage the other benefits of membership. Following this a few days later the script will re-run and change any trial mamber that haas exceeded trail membership to be a Guest level only. From them onwards my script will run hoursly to manage Trial members etc.

It is of course hoped that we can tempt as many Forum users to contribute to the club and become full time members rather than loose their contributions. Of course some old soldiers will fall by the wayside.

• Like 1

The only flaw in that plan is, of course, the idiot named Scott. :durr: