• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

City Of London Blat 21St Oct Meet 7:30 @ Post Code E14 5Sp.

Pistol Pete

Well four of us blasted around a dry London this morning, very surreal it was to - especially Bernie having a conversation with the occupants on the top deck of an open top bus and people taking pictures of us as we headed around Westminster and Oxford street.

Those that cried off due to the wet forecast missed a very special blat.

Just uploading some pictures.

What a great morning, just a few spots of rain in the city but otherwise dry. Lots of tourists taking photos of us ("Look Pedro, funny english cars :d ")and the sights of the City. Message to Pete, you should not lay in the middle of the road taking photos, didn't your mummy tell you it was dangerous?

This Blat would be awesome in the summer when it's warmer, we must do it again.

glad the weather held up for you. bernie how did you drive in the dark last time i spoke to you your rear lights were not working

Looking forward to seeing some pictures :cool:

glad the weather held up for you. bernie how did you drive in the dark last time i spoke to you your rear lights were not working

Just used the Fog Light instead, you're beginning to sound like my Mum :suspect:

:down: just concerned for your welfare son :p :p

A nice DRY :d run out this morning with Matt, Pete (Pistol) and Bernie. Just the four of us - judging by the length of the thread on here and on the SKCC site I was expecting around a dozen cars! :) Unlucky all those that bottled it, as we didn't have any rain at all and air temps were around 11 degrees so it wasn't too nippy.

I met up with Matt at Putney Embankment at 7:00 a.m. and arrived to find his Tiger with the bonnet off, and him poking around in the engine bay cursing all things starter-motor related. He was pretty surprised to see me as I hadn't said I was coming on the run until late last night. We got the Tiger going and set off on the half-hour blat East, across London, passing quite a few landmarks as we went. I managed to get flashed by a camera in the Limehouse Link tunnel, and to make it worse I was crawling along at around 38mph but didn't see the camera.

Arrived at Docklands McDonalds at 7:35 and there was nobody else there! Had they already shot off without us? At this point I was still expecting around a dozen cars on the run, so was a bit concerned if we'd missed the off or if we were waiting at the wrong place, but all was OK when Pete in his red Westy just a few minutes later. Bernie arrived shortly after, and we grabbed a coffee and quick breakie (well I did :p ) from MaccyDees.

Pete led the route, and we head off around City Airport, crossing over the canals and docks a few times. I've never been in that area before so that was pretty interesting. Docklands, and around some big underground roundabout a few times. Parked up on Lime Street outsite the Lloyds Building for photo session. Nice route Chris and thanks for leading.

A good morning out. Not sure I'd do a London run again though - just too much traffic, cameras, starting/stopping and hardly any chance to put your foot down. Good for sight seeing though. Now I know how Kate Middleton must feel too lol - so many people stopping to take pictures of us today! :blush: Gave them a few blasts of acceleration which I hope they appreciated :d

Here are a few pics from today:

Bonnet off at 7 a.m. - here's the proof Matt :laugh:

20121021_070251.jpg

Outside Lloyds Building:

20121021_091923.jpg

20121021_091609.jpg

20121021_091754.jpg

20121021_091832.jpg

Thanks for the run out today guys.

Steve

Save any other photos - pick a good un for the calendar!

Looks great! :t-up:

Save any other photos - pick a good un for the calendar!

Looks great! :t-up:

The one with me sitting in the Yellow one is the best------------------------------of course.

Well I must say I was somewhat sceptical about the City of London Blat, what with a combination of stupid start time, potential bad weather, concern over the time to complete the 38 mile route and the potential for getting completely lost. But thanks to those that turned up we had a great morning out and I learned a few things for the next trip.

Here's a few snaps in additon to Steve's fantastic picture to show you what you missed ...

Early Doors

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

City Slickers

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

Outside the building used for Whitehall in the latest Bond Film

IMG_2484.jpg

Bond's latest Q car

IMG_2489.jpg

Or maybe not...Bond in his latest Q car

IMG_2487.jpg

Example of the attention we drew - count the cameras pointed at us!

IMG_2504.jpg

It was so busy here it was like picadilly Circus here

IMG_2516.jpg

Ever get the feeling you're being followed - Bernis and Daughter in hot pursuit

IMG_2474.jpg

Final rest along the Embankment

IMG_2523.jpg

Anyone for a tour

IMG_2522.jpg

And finally no trip to London would be complete without a trip across Tower (I said Tower for the yanks among us!) Bridge

IMG_2526.jpg

Based on the success of todays outing I will plan another one next year and hope also to do a photo only shoot......

willis building looked good next to lloyds - i used to work in there.... and the cars looked awesome too.... good work guys !!!