Comprehensive Or Incomprehesible?

housebuilder

This just rumbles on and in all honesty I am in some ways sorry I started the thread given the helpful nature of all at the factory on the build and supply / buying / technical side. I really think this company needs to look at itself. I would be genuinely upset if this type of customer treatment lead to a reduction in business.

I take on board all the comments made about the economic climate and the trouble with suppliers - but hey some people are parting with their savings to buy one of these kits whether some people think they are toys or not.

Let's cut to the chase here guys. The reality is the Westfield buying blokes particularly Jason and his Dad are helpful, appologetic and bend over backwards to try and keep you ahead of the build but I was sold the dream. Give me ALL your money (having made a call 7 days prior to collection to confirm all was ready for collection) Hire a van for £150, spend £150 on diesel have a day off work and come and pick up your whole kit to build at your liesure. (as I have said expecting nuts, bolts washers and general bits and bobs to be missing)

I am in absolutely no hurry to finish this build. I'ts the building that's the point. If I wanted to drive one I would have bought the used one they had for sale and if I wanted a modular kit I would have bought one!

All I would have asked for was a phone call to say things were delayed, be given a new date for the delivery of the COMPLETE kit (even if it was 4 or 6 weeks later), a phone call to say it would be ready in 7 days and could I make the final payment and arrange collection at that time. Is that really unreasonable? (and I am not even mentioning the fact that I am Bank rolling this business for at least 5k's worth of parts for 4 weeks with the associated risks).

All that was required was honesty and I would have accepted the delay.

The dissapointment is the thing that mars what should be an enjoyable experience.

I could get leery but I am trying to remain objective!

• Like 2

Sorry to read about this experience, sounds very frustrating.

I am at the end of a build, from last September and have nothing but the highest praise for Westfield. Had to wait for a few bits and pieces, but this didn't delay my build too much. Often the stuff was sent out as a next day delivery!

Guys like Russ, Gavin, Alex, Jason and Mark have been superb and always gone the extra mile.

Hope you get sorted soon and this is just a blip!

Andy

I don't think anyone here is critical of the parts guys. They receive nothng but the highest praise and even though I don't buy from the factory, I *know* that if I did, I'd want to talk to Gavin and the other guys 'cos they'll give it to me straight.

The issue here is that we suspect improvements could be made to the pick 'n' pack system to improve parts supply to the customer, improve Westfields profitability and take the pressure off of the parts boys who are probably the guys working on fulfilment. It seems to be an issue that, if addressed, has few downsides and plenty of upsides for *all* concerned...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this thread it seems clear that nothing has changed in 20 years. Had similar issues when building ours back in '91. The guys in parts are unfailingly helpful, but they seem to be let down by other elements in the business.

Have had similar short-falls and pick & pack problems when buying spares etc from them over the years in between as well.

Shame.

I have now had 3/4s of the shortages delivered (including TBs/ECU/ECU Loom) and should be able to progress the build for another couple of weeks. WF have been keeping me up to date with the remaining shortages (Windscreen/Steering Column/Exhaust/Seat Belts)so feeling much more confident.

still no sign of;

exhaust

steering column

windscreen and bits

and a quite a few ancillary bits

only 9weeks though since i paid for it!

had an email marketing the "complete kit" yesterday

had no reply to the response i sent to the sales manager

Surprise!!!!!!

despite the fact i complain about nothing and never have, i feel leery coming on!

wonder if they sold kits at Stoneleigh and Newark, be interesting to hear from guys who purchased there !

Just had a thought on reading through my paperwork I note that parts are guaranteed by Westfield for 12 months. It is clearly not going to be possible to ascertain whether all the parts are functioning as required as my build and a number of others are almost at a standstill due to lack of parts. I hope they will extend the warranty on parts which cannot be said to be ok until they are used and tested ?

Getting pixxed off again !!!!

When I built mine, it was company policy that the warranty began once the car was built and first registered.

i built mine in 2004 & had missing items then that had to be posted onto me, one day WF will do a tick list for each kit to stop this frustration but in the meantime its business as usual, shame really as this is basic QA & must cost them a fortune in postage, if items are proving hard to source let the customer know, don't say 'sorry we forgot'

ready all the above I am just sitting here wondering how they are managing to sell full road ready cars here in the UK and abroad? unless they have a Morgan like waiting list

now im a huge westy fan and support the guys whole heartidly at the factory but it frustrates me when they dont even have rear wishbones in stock , not even one and last week no wide track ,3 weeks wait for widetrack

now considering wishbones are the first thing to go in a bump ,you would think they would have plenty in stock

its not the parts guy's fault at the end of the day