Knockhill Track Day - 19Th August 2012

GreigM

Smashing Thanks.

If the weather takes a turn for the worse again I'll just take the normal car. Showers are fine but a 400 mile round trip in really bad weather doesn't sound fun.

I presume I'll just tell them at the gate that I'm with the WSCC guys and they'll let me in.

Smashing Thanks.

If the weather takes a turn for the worse again I'll just take the normal car. Showers are fine but a 400 mile round trip in really bad weather doesn't sound fun.

I presume I'll just tell them at the gate that I'm with the WSCC guys and they'll let me in.

they're not that strict (and the guys at the gate don't know who is going on track or not), just pay them the entry fee and they'll let you in :laugh:

do you have an idea of how much oil was left? unless it got low enough to get your low pressure warning light on I'd not think you'll have suffered any undue wear - a little oil goes a long way, so unless your oil was way low I'd be tempted to just fix/replace the sump pan and fire it up and see how it sounds.

I'll probably give that a go - you always think the worst when you're leaving a sizeable oil slick behind - I think there was possibly half a litre left when I switched off!!

KEV91 - I won't be using my trailer on the 19th so you are welcome to borrow. I'm in the Coatbridge area!

Ross.

Thanks very much for the offer, Can I take you up on the offer? If you could frop me a message via PM or on 07584193188 and see if we can sort something out.

Thanks again, Kev

Anyone up for a convoy to Knockhill?

Meet at Harthill Service Station for those coming from the west.

Jim, I'm coming from the west, but prefer to go up the M80 way...and will be towing anyway, so you wouldn't be able to keep up ;)

and as a general note:

LAST CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

I'll have to forward the list of names to Knockhill by the end of Thursday.

Thanks very much for the offer, Can I take you up on the offer? If you could frop me a message via PM or on 07584193188 and see if we can sort something out.

Thanks again, Kev

Hi Kev - Sorry I haven't come back to you earlier - don't check forum on a daily basis. Unfortunately my brother (who also has a Seven!!) is now using my trailer this week-end - taking car down to the borders - So Sorry.

Hi Kev - Sorry I haven't come back to you earlier - don't check forum on a daily basis. Unfortunately my brother (who also has a Seven!!) is now using my trailer this week-end - taking car down to the borders - So Sorry.

That's no problem at all, thanks again for the offer.

Better be dry!

Went out for a wee drive to Lecht last night with a couple of mates in their roofed cars ( p**fs ). Lovely driving in, car handled great, sweet as a nut!

run.jpg

Unforuntately, on the way back, it started raining, it was pishing down actually! Took it easy with the 335i in front, just shy of an hour and a half for 50 miles. It was that bad! I got drenched, soaked to the skin.

So it better be dry on Sunday! :)

I'm currently in a bit of a state with the car, the diff was leaking and knowing that dripping oil round a racetrack is considered bad form I'm in the process of swapping out the diff for an LSD we have had sitting in the garage for 2 years.

I now know why I put this job off :o cutting the nuts off the end of the drive shafts is probably just the start of my problems!!

I'm going to get stuck in again tonight ad hopefully we can get it sorted for Sunday.....