• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Purchasing Kit V's Sourcing Own Parts

darve

hi dean

i don't suppose you have a record of all the parts you sold and how much for? my plan was to sell as much as I can and a list of th sellable parts would be a great guide.

thanks

Darve, I did it the easy way and sold almost all my bits in one go to an MX5 spares company near me in central Scotland. The parts they took from my Eunos were:

bonnet

bootlid

front wings

doors complete with glass

seats

carpet set

bumpers

lights

I did a deal buying a timing belt & service bits from them, but in ££'s terms I got about £300 for the above lot.

The shell was then collected by a scrap merchant for scrap metal value and I got about £20 for the cat I think.

My car also had front & rear strut braces fitted which i sold on fleabay and I've still got the Momo steering wheel & cd player sitting in my garage.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darve

• Mark (smokey mow)

• KugaWestie

• deanoecosse

thanks dean

smokey, I'm collecting Saturday morning, so provided it gets back in one piece, I'll be there :)

if you wouldn't mind having a look that would be great. my mechanical knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10 is probably about -4 lol.

learning is all part of the journey :/

smokey, I'm collecting Saturday morning, so provided it gets back in one piece, I'll be there :)

if you wouldn't mind having a look that would be great. my mechanical knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10 is probably about -4 lol.

learning is all part of the journey :/

Excellent :t-up: I'd be happy to.

Just to dd to Dean's post it may be worth joining up to the Mx5 Nutz forum (I think it's free), it could be a good way to get rid of a few of the parts while avoiding the hastle of ebay etc.

When you break the car don't be tempted to throw out all the old nuts, bolts, clips, brackets and small parts until you're quite sure you don't need them.

Just to dd to Dean's post it may be worth joining up to the Mx5 Nutz forum (I think it's free), it could be a good way to get rid of a few of the parts while avoiding the hastle of ebay etc.

I did this (it is free to join) and shifted a few bits on there. It is worth getting registered and making a few random posts around the boards on there, as you cannot start a for sale thread until you have got 25 "meaningful" posts under your belt

hmmm "meaningful" posts. may struggle with that :p

I did some of mine a word link game, I dont think they police it too much. for sale threads have to be approved by a mod first which can take a couple of days

I sold everything through MX5Nutz, bar a few bits left. Mostly to one person building a track car to be fair. I did get some grief from some numpty who decided to take my coilovers apart with a hammer, paint them, then ask for a refund.

As a general rule of thumb, I sold cheap to get them out of the way quickly. A few highlights:

Wishbones: £80

Windblocker: £25

Bootlid: £10

Centre console: £10

Instruments fascia: £10

Roof; £50

Bumpers: £10 each

Brace bar: £25

Tonneau cover: £25

In total I made £655 back, but that included £220 for coilovers and £100 for wheels

thanks dommo. that fw bonnet is looking sweet in your profile picture!

When I undertake the build I'll want to start the build on a trolley so it can be moved around in my single garage. the chassis is obviously smaller at the front so I was thinking of making a trolley that is wider at one end than the other. this is so I can continue to use the garage as a gym until it's a rolling chassis.

could one of you kind gentlemen take some measurements for me? I want the trolley to be as small as possible but obviously still stable.

it like to know a suitable length and front and rear widths. I will construct the trolley before receiving the chassis so I can store the donor parts on it for now.

thanks

Good luck for tomorrow, get it home and start undoing it :t-up:

thanks kuga, it's back in one piece :)