Peoples's thoughts on this car?

leemarkadams

with a 220/ elise you will never experience that wind in your hair, seat of your pants, A*** a few inches off the ground, pure adrenaline, smile on your face, standing out from the crowd, F1 soundtrack (well in my megablade revvin to 11k anyway) you get from driving a 7 type car

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• leemarkadams

• XTR2Turbo

• smorse

with a 220/ elise you will never experience that wind in your hair, seat of your pants, A*** a few inches off the ground, pure adrenaline, smile on your face, standing out from the crowd, F1 soundtrack (well in my megablade revvin to 11k anyway) you get from driving a 7 type car

maybe he does not want that  <!--emo&:D you make it sound all very romantic ,really when the romance is over in reality its a totally different experience ,****y elbow ,wet ,windy,noisy, tireing  :D and i think you will find your car sounds like a bike not a f1 car  ;)

well yes of course it depends what he wants, i built mine 8 years ago & still enjoy the mechanical challenges & one of the purest forms of driving on 4 wheels even if you dont

well yes of course it depends what he wants, i built mine 8 years ago & still enjoy the mechanical challenges & one of the purest forms of driving on 4 wheels even if you dont

i didnt say i dont enjoy driving a westy and yes they are very "pure", i just don't enjoy driving them for long periods as i find there not a good road car tbh and its not really a car you can use every day ,and not really a car you can make plans to go away in for a weekend unless you dont mind getting cold and wet ,with a westy you find yourself a weather watcher

i have owned probably 9 or 10 westy's in various forms ,slick shod sprint cars to good old road cars and not one has changed my opinon of them ,b****y good cars and you can turn em into very focused track cars ,but there awfull  road cars, fine for 20 minute blasts but not for touring  :D even had a ariel atom now there a awfull road car  :D

i agree hence why i've got 2 cars, westie for summer blats & a more practical one for shopping, rainy days, commuting etc.

What were not sure of is this going to be his only car, if so my choice would be the same, a targa topped elise/ 220

Hello all and thanks for the replies.

To answer a few questions it will not be an only car, as have an everyday car as well as a 911 in the garage.  Was thinking of tracking the 911 but I know if that gets pranged/breaks it will be a big bill!

Anyway, used to have an MK Indy with an R1 engine (no windscreen etc) and used that on a few track days, but found it quite hard work due to the fact the engine needed the b@@@@@@s revved off it and had little torque.  Was quick though!

So, looking at either something like this, or a Supercharged VX220.  The VX220 would cost a bit more than the Westie so that is the downside to that option, but they are rapid.

Anyway, all going well hoping to look at this car in the next week.....

Lee

Sold the Westy last year and got a SC VX220  :D

Not looked back.

I just love the VX, mine has circa 240BHP and A-B on the roads that I drive it's a faster car that the Westy, more comfy and easier to handle at speed on our pock marked roads.

For mainly road and a few teack days I'd have the VX over a Westy any day.

Chaz.

Not looked back.

I just love the VX, mine has circa 240BHP and A-B on the roads that I drive it's a faster car that the Westy, more comfy and easier to handle at speed on our pock marked roads.

Chaz.

That is interesting to note..........maybe the extra cost is worth it???

Not looked back.

Chaz.

so as the Cambridge AO are you thinking of getting another westy?

Sold the Westy last year and got a SC VX220  <!--emo&:D

Not looked back.

Chaz.

im joint cheshire ao and dont have a westy  :D even the chairman does not have a westy  :D loads dont on here ,yet we still join club events and go to meetings and are made to feel more than welcome

Sold the Westy last year and got a SC VX220  <!--emo&:D

Not looked back.

Chaz.

..........but he is a WSCC member - not a  boardroom user  :p

To the OP - I'd have to agree with SteveD's comments - a Westfield is an awful Road car so if that's what the majority of your mileage will be go for the VX. (I personally agreed with everything Jason Plato said about the Westfield on 5th Gear - they are a lot of money for what they are.)

on the other hand -

A Westfield is more than a car; it's a hobby that will teach you lots if you are interested in the basic mechanical workings of the car - if you look at it like this they offer great value for money and I would struggle to sell mine as I love what it offers.

It really depends what you want as they are quite different in lots of ways.

Thanks again, it will be used for some road 'fun' but only on a nice day (whatever car I go for), as have a normal 'everyday car' as well as a 911 to use too.

Still thinking of what to do?

Anyone have any idea what the performance figures for this Westie are LIKELY to be?

Lee

I would say if you already have a performance hard top car then the open top westy would be a better addition as it will be a much different experience, whereas the VX will be more of the same if you see what I mean. I got may first westy to replace a GSXR bike and if you like the rawness of a bike then one like the one you are looking at should be pretty rapid and fit the bill perfectly.

Westford