• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Paul Edden

The WSCC Boardroom celebrated it's 10th birthday recently. In that time it has become a focal point for the clubs activities.

Over the years it has served the club well, however the features available on the site are starting to look a little outdated.  So - on 5th January 2012 there is going to be a big change in the WSCC Boardroom.  

This change will bring about many benefits and new features to the membership, some of which have been requested many times.

After a lot of development, we are going to move away from the ikonboard layout that you currently know and move over to a new Invision Power Board (IPB) layout which is vastly more up-to-date and will provide a platform for the development and delivery of many new features in the future.

The success of the club and its boardroom has adversely affected the way other processes within the club work – in particular the membership process.  

The old membership processing of 30 days is not acceptable in today's environment where people are used to gaining enhanced online privileges straight away.  The new boardroom will also provide the heart of the membership system with all memberships processed online – more or less instantly.

The new system will contain all the posts / topics and member details of the old system.  Calendar events and personal messages will be lost however.

The benefits of the new site are listed below along with a few things that you as the membership need to be aware of:-

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - in order to get your account logged on correctly;

there are a few steps you need to take to save any delays or problems.   The committee have ensured that the migration will take place when there is plenty of time to assist anyone who experiences problems with the migration process.

BENEFITS:

Here are just some of the benefits

• Full Membership is handled online, NO WAITING, once paid you get instant membership.

• All your details are held online so you can change them yourself.

• You will get an email reminder just before your membership is due to expire. This is handled online and automatically. You can renew any time up to 180 days before your membership runs out.

• It’s based on a modern design with an integrated on-line store for Membership processing and Merchandise purchases.

• The current facility for Member Adverts will remain unchanged.

• Better Search facility, able to fully search everything on the entire system.

• We will be launching a separate access method (App) for mobile devices – in the near future.

• More features may be added later in the year.

WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO:

There are a few things you will have to do to get you back online – on 5th January.

You will need to re-apply for your WSCC memberships for on the new system - this will ensure all membership details are migrated into a single online system.

You will be required to purchase “new” membership on the new system - however each existing member will be provided with a “discount code” for the months you have already paid for … plus we are providing 1 additional month FREE membership to say thanks.**

We will link you to a simple guide to help you through this process.

• Your Avatars (personal icons) will have to be re-loaded. This is because this system will re-size them automatically for different parts of the site which will be hosted by us.

• The new system has an advanced PM system, however existing personal messages will be lost. (If you have any important information in your existing PM messages – now would be a good time to back them up to your hard drive or similar!)

Other notes

• ** Usernames and passwords will stay the same so you will be able to logon as a “Boardroom User” for now.  Once you have competed the membership process as described above, your full status will be restored - so the sooner you renew the better!

• All posts and Topics will be copied over so you can use the advanced search facility to find everything you want.

The current boardroom will be down from around 1800 on 4th January 2012 – 0600 5th January 2012 to carry out the changeover.

So as you can see, we have been working hard to provide the updates you consistently ask for - and we will be here to help you migrate over to the new system, but feel free to ask any questions.

Adrian and Tigger will try and answer any technical queries and Nick and myself will handle any other issues.

edited to say - Happy New Year to all !!!!

think i might stay here i like it as it is and fear change

Looking forward to it :t-up:

One question? Will my members address book be copied over to the new boardroom or do I need to copy and save it somewhere to recreate again?

Great news, thank you for all the hard work this will have taken, and that still to be done.

will blatters loose his post count

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Oh, wait, b****r, so will I  :angry:  :down:  :blush:  :)

PS

I know it's sad  :p

One question? Will my members address book be copied over to the new boardroom or do I need to copy and save it somewhere to recreate again?

Technical question for Adrian or Tigger me thinks!!

think i might stay here i like it as it is and fear change

Not an option sadly Steve - 5th Jan and this baby is gone forever.... :)

Adrian is best to answer this one as he is organising the export/import with one of his wizard scripts

'fraid so Steve, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing :D

Adrian is best to answer this one as he is organising the export/import with one of his wizard scripts

Worry not, easily fixed.  I pressed the print screen button :D:D