Narrow club

AidanPlace

Point I've made to Scott already: this apparently frivolous "club" might have serious use (if we get enough members) in persuading component suppliers that there is a market for narrows as well as wides. I am quite surprised that we are up to 31  --  didn't know there were still so many around  --  and I'm sure we haven't got everybody yet.

Are there any figures out there for how many narrows are left?

Point I've made to Scott already: this apparently frivolous "club" might have serious use (if we get enough members) in persuading component suppliers that there is a market for narrows as well as wides. I am quite surprised that we are up to 31  --  didn't know there were still so many around  --  and I'm sure we haven't got everybody yet.

I'm absolutely certain we haven't got everyone yet, and as Aidan says, I wonder how many there are and how one goes about finding them all?  David's point about components is valid and one I hadn't considered...

Awaiting response from several companies now on vinyls, based on this design.  After evaluation and thought, it would be 4" square (smaller and the lettering becomes indistinct) on clear vinyl (white background around badge would not be printed, but white globe would be).  I have darkened the borders and lettering so it jumps a bit better too.  Comments on changes welcomed (within reason!).

badge.gif

Me - creating something that might be more than frivolous?  I might have to go lie down with a beer... :p  :D

Update when available...

Scott

OK, found a place online where you can get vinyls printed very inexpensively.  It might be worth taking a punt and having one made using the graphic above or your own badge.  (If you do, contact me and I'll do you a bigger badge as above with your name, and remove the bit under the badge.)

Clicky

Frankly, at a £5 for a 4 x 4 vinyl, it's easier to do that than do a bulk buy where people drop out and leave me paying for unwanted stickers.

You can choose your own background colour, or as I probably will, take a craft knife and cut around the badge.

Have a look please, WNOC members, and tell us your thoughts.

I know of 3 more narrows who havent come forward yet

Ahem... NARROW

|

|

|

|

\ /

Ahem... NARROW

|

|

|

|

\ /

About time you arrived!  Where you been, rioting in London again?

Yeah well my local Curry's was pretty well stocked...

Anyone wanna buy a telly? :0

Okay i admit it, i've now got one in BRG! So can i be signed up too?

Happy to add you both and do badges tomorrow morning!

Cap'n,

I hereby tender my application for membership of this highly exclusive group.  

If there's a further sub-section for green and yellow 8 valve cars with independent rear suspension that are slightly scruffy at the edges but never fail to raise a smile when on the road I'll join that too.  If there isn't, don't worry - the badge would be too big anyway.

Thanks for all of your sterling work - made me smile!

Cheers,

Lumme!

PS Please don't forget the '!'!

It shall be done tomorrow!