cats!!!!!

DodgeT

:devil:

Cats are carnivores, not parasites (qualified ecologist)

Parasite: self-seeking hanger on, plant or animal living in or on another. Unprofitable dependent person or thing. Takes without giving.

….sound like cat to me.

It's people that make changes to the balance of nature by bringing animals half way arround the world like....

...sounds like cat to me.

If you are so concerned about local wide life how many North American snapping turtles died to get yours to the centre of the M40?

...I actually rescued the turtle from some do-gooding bozo who was killing it through ignorance and I’m returning it to the States in November. Besides the Snapper doesn’t sh*t in other peoples’ gardens.

And no Feline Psychology is not a ****y and Guilds special either, its actually a recognised professional exam on par with other Degrees. Ta!

...like Media Studies?

And also from a behaviour/pyschological view point both domestic and their bigger cousins (lion, tigers etc) share 90% of the same patterns!

....That’s absolute cobblers. Lions are communal  pack animals, who work together to secure prey and they have a hierarchy within the pack or pride.. When was the last time you saw a “pack” of domestic cats (vermin) stalking a mouse? What did you say your degree was in…

Well, I’ve seem to have offended just about everyone so I better get my coat….

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Phssthpok

• DodgeT

• damianc

Come on Phssthpok own up  ;)  :D  :)  You must be some distant cousin or long lost brother of Steve Davies  ;)  :p  :D  :)  he's been very quiet of late have you taken over his mantle  ;)  :p  :D  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :)  :p  ;)

:cool:

Come on Phssthpok own up        You must be some distant cousin or long lost brother of Steve Davies

Steve Davies! Now there's a man with more hole than donut.

I'm really not acerbic by nature, it's just Cats and all things Essex brings out the worst in me.  From now on I will behave myself.

Don't forget your crayons and your free toy!

...do you still give those away at Burger King then?

...DOH!!

Parasite: self-seeking hanger on, plant or animal living in or on another. Unprofitable dependent person or thing.

Takes without giving.

?.sound like cat to me.

Oops, the old anthropomorphisms again ;)

:cool:  :cool:  :D  :D

Oops, the old anthropomorphisms again

Not wishing to be pedantic but… defining a cat as parasitic is not a anthropomorphism, although attributing human emotions and motivations to a cat is. I feel I need to make this point for all those daft people who believe that cats have a psychology and the even dafter ones who seem to think they have a degree in it.  

…Oops, Mrs Phssthpok has been looking over my shoulder and insists I apologise for saying horrible things about “cat” psychologists. Sorry.

…good, she’s gone now.

…NOT!!

Media studies my  :arse:  :angry:  :cool:  :p

And actually whilst Lions do live in a pride (not a pack), all cats are incredibly social and do actually live in groups in the wild, domestics can also live in groups too, and whilst they may not hunt together as a group this is because their prey is not large enough to warrant it, if you had studied lions like I have then you would know that lions also only hunt in a group when the prey is large. and hunt singley when they are stalking small prey! So there! :arse:  :0

And as for "parasite" - your definition seems to sum up the human race very nicely!

Any animal introduced into an eco system from which they do not belong WILL totally change the entire eco system, and this just doesnt mean cats it means any animal!

Of course cats have a pyschology - DOH!!! :durr:

Hey Ricdiggle, yep I will give you a shout when the next visits will be and I will even introduce you to one - dont panic its just a cub - wont do much more harm then remove an arm or so!!  ;)  :cool:  :p  :D

(pedantry mode)I think the definition of an animal living in or on another refers to a one way energy exchange, i.e animal a gains benefit from b in terms of food, animal b gains no benefit (as opposed to commensalism or symbiosis).  The other two definitions are almost definitely with reference to homo sapiens, certainly the latter, ergo; anthropomorphism.

I don't know what the technical definition of the relationship between cats and people would be classified as (no doubt I'm opening myself up for a flood of flippant comments here).

I figure when it comes to pets the vast majority of people DO see them as some kind of little person.  This is even true of people working in conservation/ecology.  However, it tends to be less frequent amongst entomologists.

so there ................. next  ;)  :p  :D  :)

:p

Media studies my :arse:  :angry:  :cool:  :p

You said it....

And actually whilst Lions do live in a pride (not a pack), all cats are incredibly social and do actually live in groups in the wild, domestics can also live in groups too, and whilst they may not hunt together as a group this is because their prey is not large enough to warrant it, if you had studied lions like I have then you would know that lions also only hunt in a group when the prey is large. and hunt singley when they are stalking small prey! So there!

Oh, my….

Tigers, bob-cats, leopards, cheaters all live in harmonious groups do they. A pride is a name not a description of a social grouping whereas a “pack” is.

And as for "parasite" - your definition seems to sum up the human race very nicely!

Humanity is not a race, and parasite is a generic term

Any animal introduced into an eco system from which they do not belong WILL totally change the entire eco system, and this just doesnt mean cats it means any animal!

At last, you agree with my point. Domestic cats (vermin, who do not live in social groupings) are killing is with their sh*t.

Of course cats have a pyschology - DOH!!!

Dream on my friend, I think you’ve met a self-styled moggie “psychologist”  once to often

You keep lining them up and I’ll keep knocking them down

Yeah but you would argue with anyone who said anything!

I say something is white you say its black!

So I say why argue when you know I am right!!  :D  :0  ;)