cats!!!!!

DodgeT

My poor westy is not fortunate enough to have a garage to sleep in, it lives under a carport.

One of the neighbours cats (dont know who's cause theres so bl00dy many of them!!;) has started sleeping on my westy. Didnt mind so much at first cause it was sleeping on the tonneau, but its now sleeping on the bonnet & scratching it!!!!

What can i do to deter it, any ideas, I'd like to wheelspin on it's head if i knew which one it was.

There must be something to keep them away, im sure im not the only person with this trouble.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Phssthpok

• DodgeT

• damianc

I would like to say 12 bore but I think that is going to be unpopular in light of other posts on here. So not to sure I can be of help :D

I had one of the  :arse:  :arse:  things come into the garage, then decide to rest hits cute little fluffy head up on top of my diff/petrol tank, yep thats right.

Shall I say the cute little cuddly wuddly thing sleeps there no longer  :devil:  :devil:  :)  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

And it wasn't the one I accidently run over ..... it was a friend of his  ;)  :D  :)  Funny how cats seem to wander off .....never to return  :devil:  :devil:  ;)  ;)  :D

ive tried for two months to be tolerant. i managed to hold my tongue during the debates which have taken place here.....

but i cant do it anymore.

not only do i have to put up with the annoying b******ds leaving 18" claw marks down the b******d bonnet where they seem to take a run up and jump but cant quite seem to hang on..... now i am finding the b******ds asleep in my car in the garage. well no more. ive tried to discourage them with shouting even gently picking them up and re-positioning them onto the neighbours drive.... but that's it. i cant take no-more, after finding half dead mice squeaking on the garage floor next to me when im working.......... the day of reckoning has arrived. Theres nothing cruel about natural selction etc. Its been evolving for millions of years.......So friends staffordshire bull terrior is on the way. first i will be visiting the neighbours and encouraging said turd machine to crap copiously in the flower-beds. the sight of the big sweaty beast trying to climb on the roof of their car to reach the pedigree chum suprise will be too much to bear.... but i fear the speed the b******d cats will run, will be matched only by the ****e flying out of their arses as they disappear well into the next neighbourhood.

im sorry if this offends but its my opinion. Its not a hatred against cats, its a hatred of cat owners who buy a pet, never let it in the house and dont seem to care if it craps in everyone elses gardens.  If it never goes in the house what is the point of having the bl**** things? thats cruelty to animals.

got a cover, but its a tw4t having to put it on when ive gone to the trouble of building a car port, just cause of the little b4stards.

JG, got to agree with you there, i always think, imagine if it was a dog going around sh1tting in peoples gardens, killing other animals, people would go mad, but, oh its a cat its alright!

I always speed up whenever i see one, i  love to hear them go bang as they go under the car, & if the neighbours complain, well, they should have kept them in the house in the first place, 'sted of letting them crap everywhere!!!!!

rant over, nobody on here will probably talk to me know, never mind, i still hat cats!!

anybody want to come round for some fun with your 12 bore, anytime, theres loads!

dont seem to care if it craps in everyone elses gardens

They do when you return it saying "Your cat did this, therefore it is yours, please clean it off our garden or I shall deposit it on your doorstep"  :devil:  :D  :)  You wanna see their faces when they discover it on their doorstep next morning  :D  :)  :devil:  :D

I would love to suggest CS gas but I would be in so much ****, that the Webmaster (such a lovely person who I have the utmost honour) will not let me onto the website again, so I won't.

Cats are intellegent so just speak to them and let them know you innermost feelings.

Got Airhorns?  :devil:

Now, I suggest the addition of either a remote control (I'm sure a wireless doorbell could be adapted), or a PIR detector, would do the trick...  :D

Jim

A liberal sprinkling of ****-hot chilli powder around your car should sort it. Once the blighters have tasted their paws, the slightest whiff of anything spicy will remind them never to trouble your car again.

Unless they are from the local Indian takeaway.

:D

Tennis balls - I have a stash by the patio door.  If the little b*******s come in the garden they get a ball thrown at them - note for the pet lovers not directly normally go for about 6ft in front of them.

We also seem to have some sticky up bits on our fence posts which has meant we have collected two cat collars since we moved in here a few months ago.  Not sure if they had their necks broken when they got caught on them though...

This reminds me of a story a work mate of mine told me many years ago. His pal had a caravan on a site on the east coast and in this case was plagued with his neighbour's dog crapping around his van. Now this could be quite a considerable amount considering he only made a monthly visit. Anyway on this particular occaision my buddy had been invited over to said site for the weekend and after a convivial evening at the local hostelry, they returned home to the caravan. However before reaching the door our mutual friend managed to step in something the the dog left. The fuse blew but keeping totally on top of the situation he calmly picked up a shovel and began collecting the offending material. Shovelfull in hand, at around 1.00am he knocked forcefully on the offending guys van door. eventually the knock was answered by this guy obviously half asleep and not too focused. As the door opened the the shovel load was forcefully deposited into the back of the van accompanied by the cry of "I'VE BROUGHT YOUR **** BACK". It had the desired effect. Many years later I was able to use the same ploy to good effect in cat mode.  :)  :)  :) Brian.

Cats don't like pepper or oil of orange, both could act as a deterrent.

They're also wilful, and no amount of an owner dissuading them from going somewhere will stop them doing what they feel like.

You could try to get to like them.  If one was to kill all neighbourhood cats others would simply move in, and likely as not moveinto YOUR premises out of bl**** mindedness.  They're probably unstoppable.